Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let there be light?  (Read 950 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Let there be light?
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »

I just thought of something. The dwarves run around in the caverns being eaten by crocodiles being melted by FB's releasing the circus fishing, but where is the light? Is there any significant light sources other than magma?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let there be light?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:05 pm »

Presumably there are glowing rocks/lifeforms down there which give enough faint light. Dwarves adapt to extremely low light levels all the time - the real mystery is how humans and elves can see just as clearly deep in the underground (goblins are nocturnal).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:58:50 pm »

Apparently lighting effects are a dev item (Was going through the old Devgoals recently. They're available on DFFD.)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:08:30 pm »

I thought the beard was the dwarven sensory organ, and it was air-disturbance based, not light based?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:35 pm »

I thought the beard was the dwarven sensory organ, and it was air-disturbance based, not light based?

Or, it could detect the gravitational fields that all matter exerts. (IRL, even people produce gravitational fields. The effects are just too tiny to notice.). Or maybe it's got something to do with quantumn mechanics. :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »

Or, it could detect the gravitational fields that all matter exerts. (IRL, even people produce gravitational fields. The effects are just too tiny to notice.). Or maybe it's got something to do with quantumn mechanics. :P
Or maybe alcohol is used to power the B.E.A.R.D.?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)