Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems with automated Plant Processing  (Read 500 times)

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problems with automated Plant Processing
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:18:52 pm »

Hello everyone..

Iīve got mayor problems getting a custom reaction to work as intended.

The main purpose of this reaction is to process ANY thread-yielding plants to respective useable threads.
I donīt want to make a reaction for every single one, so I added some tags to the plants to make the reaction "autoselect" the right ones (which works out quite well so far)

Instead of giving "Pig Tail fiber thread" it spits out "Pig Tail plant thread".. Not perfect but better than nothing I think..
Itīs stored in the according SP; Itīs weaved in a loom,resulting in "Pig Tail plant cloth".. Cloth products can also be made of it..
Itīs useable at last..

But it cant be dyed for example, so I guess the plant cloth is not considered the same as the "original" ones.
EDIT:Ok.. Not as useable as i thought.. my bags are Boxes.. DF doesnt seem to recognize the material as common cloth although its being stored in cloth SP

I tried to vary the Product but the only differing result was a "thread", unusable in any way..

I want to get the "original" thread out of the plants, not an artificial one.. Maybe itīs not possible, as the original "processing"-reaction seems hardcoded
 Maybe Iīm just blind and cant see the obvious..But if anyone could help me with this one, Iīd be glad..

The reaction so far (Yes, its Genesis mod and takes place in itīs Altar,for now at least):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [HAS_THREAD] reactionclass is the Tag I added to the respective plants, and it works perfect by now..
I wasnt able to find another working tag to get the same results without editing the plants so far..
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_CLASS:THREAD] or anything this way didnt work so far.. And without such tags I got (useable as stated) "Plump Helmet plant thread"..
So the [HAS_THREAD] tag works like a charm.. But it takes a time do browse the raws setting it up..

argh.. dont talk nonsens.. "POST".. !!now!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:27:09 pm by Schattensonner »

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with automated Plant Processing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:41 pm »

It looks like your making thread out of the plant's base material, instead of the thread material attached to the plant.
In your product line, change your last NONE to LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD instead, to coincide with the material definition in the respective plant.

I haven't tested it at all, but theoretically, I think this should work:

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with automated Plant Processing
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:27:51 am »

Thank you for your response Kilumanjaro

Sadly this reaction just produces the above mentioned generic "thread"... Unusable..
I tried everything else I could imagine to be working, like adding the first to pig tails.. Varying the product..
and other things.. none of them worked so far..

DF doesnt seem to use the "Thread" part of the plant in the reactions no matter what I try..
as reagent still takes the right plants but the product is the unusable "thread" or "plant thread", depending on the rest of the reaction..

Still stuck and clueless..
Maybe ill go take a rest, early morning now..