Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games in which you grow up?  (Read 30225 times)

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: Games in which you grow up?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:37 pm »

Ignoring the topic, how is that game? I always had an interest in it but never played it.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:07 pm »

I didn't spend more than 30 mins with it. Combat is you sailing circles around your opponent trying to get your broadside facing them so most of your cannons hit on target. There's a big map with lots of ships and cities moving around, you return to port to sell loot and good and repair your ship, yadda yadda. It's probably fun in the short term, but I felt kind of underwhelmed by what the game offered, especially considering who made it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:55 pm »

I didn't spend more than 30 mins with it. Combat is you sailing circles around your opponent trying to get your broadside facing them so most of your cannons hit on target. There's a big map with lots of ships and cities moving around, you return to port to sell loot and good and repair your ship, yadda yadda. It's probably fun in the short term, but I felt kind of underwhelmed by what the game offered, especially considering who made it.

You felt underwhelmed with conquering the Carribean for your faction?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »

It felt strategy-lite. For Sid Meyers, that's kind of underwhelming, yes. The graphic style also makes the game look like a Disney cartoon. In playing I felt like it was a game marketed to kids, pirate-themed, and didn't really suck me in at all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 08:46:49 pm »

The guild and the guild 2 are close, but not exactly like the sims

The starting character is grown up, but if they have kids, they can send them off to various schools, then play as them after they age-up
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:40 pm »

Crusader Kings, if your father dies leaving you the king of a mass of unruly lords when you're only 3 years old. Pretty good in terms of character development.

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:07 am »

I know there has been a bunch of posts for it already, but Princess Maker 2 is a really good game and worth a look.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:18 am »

The graphic style also makes the game look like a Disney cartoon.
Funny, considering Disney made a live-action movie instead.
Besides, I always just ram the enemy ship in a Sloop. Heck, even when gunning them down, a fast Sloop wins, simply because it's fast enough to close within range of any other ship.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 [2]