Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sandbox strategies? (non DF)  (Read 11030 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Sandbox strategies? (non DF)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 08:36:08 am »

Apparently they finally added Xcom AI to UFO the two Sides http://ufotts.ninex.info/.

You can finally invade Earth in Xcom.
Are you sure? The right side status bars show the XCOM AI to be "0%"  done
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:24 am »

Apparently they finally added Xcom AI to UFO the two Sides http://ufotts.ninex.info/.

You can finally invade Earth in Xcom.
Are you sure? The right side status bars show the XCOM AI to be "0%"  done
Yeah, your right, there was some misleading change log entries (Humans now default to Assault in Aircombat) and they have the "You can finally play as Ufo even in singleplayer mode" on the features page.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 12:17:10 pm »

I've been waiting for some of these X-Com remakes to become playable since before I moved to my current city in 2001 :(

You really have to get involved in helping create some of these fan games if you want them, because they're basically abandoned.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:19:22 pm by Reelyanoob »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »

They aren't, really.

UFO: The Two Sides and OpenXCOM are fairly recent remakes. UFOTTD is fairly ahead, too.

Of the older remakes, Project Xenocide did go down, but UFO:Alien Invasion is up and running, and pretty completed at the moment.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »

They aren't, really.

UFO: The Two Sides and OpenXCOM are fairly recent remakes. UFOTTD is fairly ahead, too.

Of the older remakes, Project Xenocide did go down, but UFO:Alien Invasion is up and running, and pretty completed at the moment.
UFOTTD

WAT.

..Oh. Terror from the deep, and not some amazing hybrid of Xcom and OTTD. Sadness.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:01 pm »

..Oh. Terror from the deep, and not some amazing hybrid of Xcom and OTTD. Sadness.
How on Earth would that game work? I can't even imagine.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »

I'm not sure I remember how TTD works, but I suspect it'd be a game where you're the traffic control officer trying to get all troops and goods to whatever base/mission area they're needed at, and keep cargo planes and fighters from colliding with each other. Could even work on the alien side.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:22 pm »

I was more thinking that TTD was at it's best as a multiplayer or symmetrical competitive game (never played much of it myself though)?

So you'd might have competing X-Com teams from different countries.

Not a bad concept in itself, but stopping play for 1-on-1 X-Com style battles would be weird inside a TTD game.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

They aren't, really.

UFOTTD

WAT.

Typo. Meant to say that UFO: TTS (the two sides) is fairly ahead.
Pages: 1 2 [3]