Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner  (Read 57078 times)

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:10 pm »

Oh my god. That is just too awesome for words. Even without watching the video. Do totally want. I've daydreamed about that kind of game and now someone is actually MAKING the thing!!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Think I'll hold off on snagging it until there is something to actually do, mechanics wise, but I sincerely hope the development keeps going where I think it is going.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »

Here'd be a fun game mode:

You start with one tiny ship, and you fly through an infinite, randomly generated asteroid field. You can collect resources manually or automatically, and use them to expand your ship.

You grow your ship as you go along, continuing until it's a death-star-like monstrosity, consuming everything you pass.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2011, 02:29:08 pm »

I really like that idea. Have a huge map, two teams. Each start with a small craft. Then pretty much everything else you said.

Id totally buy this game is it had something like that.

EDIT: Which got me thinking of strategies. If it was me and a couple of other guys, we could quickly expand the main ship by just enough to hold a couple of fighters. Then do a lot of hit and runs...So many ideas.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »

Like a quick Team Vs. Team combat round?  Could be interesting.  Resource gathering, strategy, expansion, blasting each group apart.  lol. Last man standing, wins.  Could be a custom game. 

NOTE:  I'mma going to hit the devs up to see if it'll be possible later in the game once multiplayer and everything has been set up.  I'll let you guys know what they say.  Or maybe get them to reply to it directly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:20:09 pm by Viken »
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2011, 07:52:00 pm »

I totally forgot about that. lol.  The ZanMgt guys have said that they may indeed create a battle scenario like that for those who want a quick match, but for the momenty they have to concentrate on the core gameplay mechanics before such things can be introduced.  Here's to hope! Support these guys, and we can get results faster!  8)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

Posting to watch this game develop.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2011, 03:37:47 pm »

Posting to watch this game develop.
same

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »

With the completion of the WarCraft Vs. StarCraft mod, the entire team has turned their attention to BR.  The Week 18 release should be quite substancial compared to the others.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2011, 04:55:57 pm »

Wait, I was going to save my money and get Bastion when it comes out on the PC!
Oh well, this looks awesomer. How fast have the updates been coming out, and how good are they?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »

Used to be once a week, but now its about once every two weeks due to the intense coding involved.  Infact, one of the devs is currently doing the math for the physics engine and collision spheres, so I'm expecting weapons and whatnot coming up very soon, allong with the realistic systems.  8)

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:08 pm »

Okay, for a bit of a showcase, I'm having problems getting my pictures uploaded and whatnot here, but I do have a link for the album.

This is my Dreadnought Class Destroyer, a 19-hour project.  Its over 220 meters in length, and 54,127,620kilograms in weight.  It has a single main cannon, four large cannons, ten medium guns, 24 torpedo bays and 24 small turrents.  It has a top-and-bottom docking bays, a conference room, and a suggested crew of a minimum of 7 and a max of atleast 25. 

Anyway, here's the albums link: http://imageshack.us/g/200/blockaderunner201107290.jpg/

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:44 pm »

Hold your breath, Greatorder. lol. It won't be long now before it is.  Lol.  The BR forum has over 300 members, and they just got their first 100 purchasers over the weekend. 

But! The good news is that with the completion of the Warcraft Vs. Starcraft Mod, the entire team has turned their attention to BR; and alot of things are getting done, faster. lol.  Infact, Gabriel was doing the heavy physics and maths for the game engine, meaning improved collision spheres and promising weapon physics, while Aaron and Micah have been doing heavy coding.  Terah has been working hard on several new sets of textures.

They haven't released any information on the upcoming update (estimated release between Friday - Tuesday), but I have got out that the 'Living Ship' systems are going in and being activated all at the same time, as well as a possible addition of the editing tools! So I'm eagerly awaiting the news. Mwhahaha.   8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:40:18 pm by Viken »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »

I very much hope that you are right Viken that they will add 'Living Ship' systems on this update. Heck, they dont have to add EVERYTHING, but enough to provide people who dislike simply building inanimate hunks of blocks (like me) some kind of actual game mechanics.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:30 pm »

They should.  Either this update or the next, to be sure.  Aarons already confirmed that alot of the systems are going online and activate all at once, and the entire dev team knows that we're hungry for actual gameplay mechanics instead of just a sandbox builder.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24