Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner  (Read 57073 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: More Minecraft-inspired Awesome AND WE'RE IN SPACE - Blockade Runner
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

Wow, that'll be the perfect game for griefer: spaceships that are a pain to build and easy to wreck (Just go in an rip a hole in the side.
And then get shot to pieces by MAGMA!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 01:59:23 pm »

Wow, that'll be the perfect game for griefer: spaceships that are a pain to build and easy to wreck (Just go in an rip a hole in the side.
And then get shot to pieces by MAGMA!

They could do a blueprint sort of deal that after you build a ship you can save its blue print.

Then just allow you to quickly build ships if you have a blue print (by filling in the blue clear blocks)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:32:28 pm by Neonivek »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »

The griefing ends up just being part of the game, as anyone who has played Space Station 13 has come to know :P

EDIT: Though are they really going to follow their "Weekly release" schedule? I just noticed its been 11 days since their last release/news update. Yes, I'm impatient.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »

The griefing ends up just being part of the game, as anyone who has played Space Station 13 has come to know :P

EDIT: Though are they really going to follow their "Weekly release" schedule? I just noticed its been 11 days since their last release/news update. Yes, I'm impatient.

if you check their site, you'll see they're working on a new webpage as well so they may not be releasing till that's fixed I imagine.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »

if you check their site, you'll see they're working on a new webpage as well so they may not be releasing till that's fixed I imagine.

Oh, my bad, I was refreshing the page and only looking at the title which is still "R1W2 IS OUT!", i didnt scroll down to read the update. Well, I'm glad this project is ongoing!
<@Akroma> eh

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:05 pm »

And a comment on the youtube video says they are shooting for a release every 7-14 days
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »

The idea of independent entities, each made of voxels is very interesting.

To prevent "griefing", entities could have owners and permissions or whatever (so the only way for another to change your spaceship is to actually fight it somehow. asteroids could work with claims).

I wonder what a (hypotetical) planet would look like. Something like voxels growing out from the center, instead of having a square grid filled in a spherical shape. But then, the higher chunks would have to be wider than the lower chunks and stuff... it would be like cones or something. Weird.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2011, 05:23:32 am »

To prevent "griefing", entities could have owners and permissions or whatever (so the only way for another to change your spaceship is to actually fight it somehow. asteroids could work with claims).

I wonder what a (hypotetical) planet would look like. Something like voxels growing out from the center, instead of having a square grid filled in a spherical shape. But then, the higher chunks would have to be wider than the lower chunks and stuff... it would be like cones or something. Weird.

Nooo! It should be like minecraft where it takes time to damage a block, not some stupid hard-coded "You cant do this because this lame rule and this other lame rule" thing. "Greifing" does not exist in a combat game, because then everybody in Counter-strike would be banned for "Greifing other players with guns"
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2011, 08:22:34 am »

Yea they address the issue in their newest release post. They more intend mostly biweekly updates.
Mass now exists.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 09:05:27 am »

"Why everyone obsess about Tetris? Is just stacking!"

Tetris has a goal.
That goal is to increase your god damn high score through the roof.
Minecraft has none.
The act of making buildings that serve no purpose to get fun is very autistic, considering it only consists of placing and removing blocks(symptoms of autism include enjoying very trivial tasks and being addicted to placing and removing blocks)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:16 am »

The act of making buildings that serve no purpose to get fun is very autistic, considering it only consists of placing and removing blocks(symptoms of autism include enjoying very trivial tasks and being addicted to placing and removing blocks)

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

Nooo! It should be like minecraft where it takes time to damage a block, not some stupid hard-coded "You cant do this because this lame rule and this other lame rule" thing. "Greifing" does not exist in a combat game, because then everybody in Counter-strike would be banned for "Greifing other players with guns"

Right, because in a game where you build spaceships to battle with each other, it's just the same to grief the other with guns than to float to their ship and place a single block in front of their cannons and remove their engines with right click.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2011, 10:29:57 am »

Right, because in a game where you build spaceships to battle with each other, it's just the same to grief the other with guns than to float to their ship and place a single block in front of their cannons and remove their engines with right click.
Oddly fitting with the counterstrike analogy by way of hacking to make your opponents guns shoot themselves.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2011, 12:19:31 pm »

Damn, I'm autistic then. Even though I was making a building, just to test how it looked mind you, I'm now autistic. Thanks doctor!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

Darn it, I'm autistic too. And I suppose people who play with Legos are also autistic.
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24