Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exploration  (Read 698 times)

Biscotti

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Exploration
« on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:00 am »

Ciao everyone, first I'd like to apologize for my english, not my first language.

Anyways, is there a way, lets say to explore different areas of the world? Feel like I am stuck to the little one area I settled in.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exploration
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:30:56 am »

You can't send forces to explore other sites at this time. You can explore the world in adventure mode, a game mode where you control a single hero that can travel anywhere, but that will require you abandon or otherwise lose your fort in that world.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:31:06 am »

Try Adventure mode out.

I warn you, it is slow going.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:38:11 am »

About the best you can do in Fortress Mode is exploring the cavern layers directly below you.  You'll need to be in adventure mode otherwise.  If you want to explore the current world you're in, you'll either have to abandon your current fort and start an adventurer, or make a copy of the saved game to abandon in and make an adventurer.

clockwork

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:30:18 am »

Anyways, is there a way, lets say to explore different areas of the world? Feel like I am stuck to the little one area I settled in.
In the future, probably, yes.

Biscotti

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:28:45 am »

Oh ok, grazie!