Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need a megaproject idea.  (Read 2286 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: I need a megaproject idea.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »

Build a giant obsidian version of Barad-dur, complete with magma river. Bonus points if you figure out how to do the Eye of Sauron on top. Maybe make it from !!lignite!!?
MAGMA EYE SEES ALL!

Bonus points if it burns all that it gazes upon.

+Bonus Points if it has an orb with 360 degree vision.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:42 pm »

Spartan Paradise:
Spike traps everywhere, and randomize goblin chutes to keep up a constant training regime. Pretty sure this has already been done.

Atlantis:
Fortress coated in running 6/7 water. Water-movement based supply chain. Bonus points for not abusing a water reactor- put those immigrants to use, when they aren't wrestling giant leopards.

Natural Selection:
Build workshops and residences only in the caverns, the deeper the better. Cage traps are cheating. Alternative: Upside down fortress. Entrance on the bottom, requires an extended cavernous walk.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

akinzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 03:42:41 am »

I'm currently making a giant screaming gold statue of a dwarf that bleeds magma from it's eyes. It will be approx. 70z tall and eventually it will serve as the fortress. I'm thinking of making it have its hand cover it's ears, then making two more statues; one covering it's mouth and the other it's eyes. I might run out of gold on the map before that, though.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:33 am »

I'm currently making a giant screaming gold statue of a dwarf that bleeds magma from it's eyes. It will be approx. 70z tall and eventually it will serve as the fortress. I'm thinking of making it have its hand cover it's ears, then making two more statues; one covering it's mouth and the other it's eyes. I might run out of gold on the map before that, though.
Make it cover its ears with magma leaking out of them.

Bonus points if the elven trading depot is nearby.

+Bonus points if the nobles are nearby too.

MEGADWARFBONUS if the magma rains upon them both.

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:04 am »

I'm currently working on a fort that's going to mostly be contained within a series of towers.  The catch is the base of the towers is directly above the first cavern.  The idea is to have towers that I can engrave and to do that I'm digging them out of the ground between the surface and the caverns.  Once I've got the towers completed all that's left to do is channel out everything surrounding them.

I'll probably end up constructing something on top of them, maybe a pyramid, not sure yet.  I do know I'm going to end up with a metric crapton of stone.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:49 pm »

fotress zombies.

recreate the maps from world at war in an evil biome, release 4 military dwarfs into it, see how long they las.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.
Pages: 1 [2]