Poll

Well, what happened?

I have no idea.
- 3 (15%)
No clue.
- 1 (5%)
Er...uh...huh?
- 13 (65%)
Ooh! Ooh! I know! (If you say this, post in the thread.)
- 3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Er...What happened to Adventure Mode?  (Read 2721 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Er...What happened to Adventure Mode?
« on: April 24, 2011, 07:53:21 am »

I modded in bronze colossi as the members of the dwarven civilization, didn't like it, and modded them out.

Why won't adventure mode come back?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Er...What happened to Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:05:08 am »

I think Adventure Mode is pissed off because you modded the BC's out. and without BC's there are no Yamato cannons, and without Yamato cannons the Carriers are OP. And you are the OP so that explains everything...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:07:25 am »

I think Adventure Mode is pissed off because you modded the BC's out. and without BC's there are no Yamato cannons, and without Yamato cannons the Carriers are OP. And you are the OP so that explains everything...
Uh...
Yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:19:53 am »

this a huge issue with conversions mostly due to removing races.
 I guess it's the Tier list being thrown out of wack.
Usually you have an adventure tier 1 2 3 for the entity races when you remove them I think you took out the Adventure tier on them causing the game to miss read the list and cancel Adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:30 am »

Usually you have an adventure tier 1 2 3 for the entity races when you remove them I think you took out the Adventure tier on them causing the game to miss read the list and cancel Adventure mode.
...I thought adventure tier worked on the entity level. I just took out [CREATURE:DWARF] and replaced it with [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE] from the entity file. And then changed it back.
Sig

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:24:16 am »

...I thought adventure tier worked on the entity level. I just took out [CREATURE:DWARF] and replaced it with [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE] from the entity file. And then changed it back.
so I need to ask is this the same save or are you making another world and this happens?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:25 am »

so I need to ask is this the same save or are you making another world and this happens?
I made new worlds. I'm not a total noob.
Sig

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:16:06 am »

Megabeast civs don't work right.  Nor do Megabeast pets.   They cause... unexpected behaviors.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 11:25:25 am »

Megabeast civs don't work right.  Nor do Megabeast pets.   They cause... unexpected behaviors.
A. MB tag removed before BCs added to civ.
B. BCs removed from [MOUNTAIN] entity, which I hope I don't have to say again.
Sig

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 11:28:35 am »

You removed the Megabeast tag, but did you remove everything associated with megabeasts? Like the lair and attack triggers and all that?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:59 pm »

Without actual raw files there is little we can say.

Try reverting the dwarf entity back to default, you may have left a typo somewhere.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

Try reverting the dwarf entity back to default, you may have left a typo somewhere.

The only thing I changed was the [CREATURE] tag, which now reads [CREATURE:DWARF].
Sig

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »

The only thing I changed was the [CREATURE] tag, which now reads [CREATURE:DWARF].

You could ghave hit an extra key by mistake when changing it back. Its easy for that sort of thing to happen if you're nat careful. any minor tyop in the entity's creature tag could completely invalidate that tag and with it the entire entity. Minor typos elsewhere could screw things up too.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »

You could ghave hit an extra key by mistake when changing it back. Its easy for that sort of thing to happen if you're nat careful. any minor tyop in the entity's creature tag could completely invalidate that tag and with it the entire entity. Minor typos elsewhere could screw things up too.

Case in point...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »

Case in point...
Copy-Paste directly from the raw files. I doubt it.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2