Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: first proper goblin Xmas in my best fort so far  (Read 681 times)

WishMyNameWasFunny

• Bay Watcher
  • Surely the taste of cat roasts is getting boring.
    • View Profile
first proper goblin Xmas in my best fort so far
« on: April 24, 2011, 04:41:11 am »

And it was ace :) my XbowDorfs stood in the overhang raining death down on to the trolls and gobbo's while my swordsmen sat in the entry halls waiting for the call that might be thier last, little was it known that as soon as the elite axegobbo was slain (at this point looking like a hedgehog cos the the bolts sticking out of him) the cowards would run so the gate was lowered and the steel clad protectors of Ziekeleshtan (FightForges) could sally forth and mop up the greenskin scum (and the 5 or so trolls that were too injured to run away ) this game is amazing and anyone who cant get past the interface is missing out on something so special anyway back to building my obsidan death tower. 
Signature filter has detected a boring generic signature and has disabled this option for you.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
Re: first proper goblin Xmas in my best fort so far
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:09 am »

Oh punctuation, we hardly knew ye.

But yes, DF is awesome.  Several of the newer additions like burrows, the new military, and hospitals have added a lot of enjoyable (if not always newb friendly) complexity which make me come back to it again and again.  Latest fun: animals needing food to survive.
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: first proper goblin Xmas in my best fort so far
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

It isn't really goblin xmas until you've got snow and snowdrifts in the form of blood, severed limbs and corpses, or hearty fires in the form of !!elves!!. Or feasts in the form of

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable