Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567053 times)

danjekshadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3975 on: September 27, 2014, 07:36:55 am »

Btw, how to get the 4th gift from god, I already at 4400 piety but he doesn't give me anything...
I saw people write you have to summon your god to get the 4th items...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:40:57 am by danjekshadow »

danjekshadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: September 27, 2014, 07:37:41 am »

sry double post
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:40:38 am by danjekshadow »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: September 27, 2014, 08:09:21 am »

Wishing, or praying at their altar at the truce ground during November after having enough faith to receive the third reward. If using the truce ground, only one god per November (so per year) can be summoned.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:11:42 am by Niveras »

danjekshadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:45 am »

Wishing, or praying at their altar at the truce ground during November after having enough faith to receive the third reward. If using the truce ground, only one god per November (so per year) can be summoned.

I see, so I need to wait till november, thank you for the information.
Btw, how you guys manage to sell item into 1 milion in shop? I tried to sell diamond panties in shop but it just sell around 12-16k

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 27, 2014, 09:12:57 am »

Btw, how you guys manage to sell item into 1 milion in shop? I tried to sell diamond panties in shop but it just sell around 12-16k
A shop in town or a shop you built and leave stuff for npcs to buy?
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shop

And your panties might be crappy which means that the value multiplier diamond provides does not have a high base value to increase.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 27, 2014, 03:13:41 pm »

dungeons vs. quests: I do vast numbers of dungeons. I do easy low level ones too. I basically dive to the bottom and kill the boss. I pick up stuff along the way. Then I cast return/escape to leave. Best way to get small medals is killing dungeon bosses. So easier ones are worth doing too. You still need plat. The game changer on plat grinding is blessed scrolls of growth. 3 ways to get alot of them

always bless these first.
1. wish: get 2 per wish (always wish for seven league boots first)
2. 15 medals buys 1.
3. act 3 you can trade 1 sox for 2 scrolls of growth. Very late game, but worth it to stockpile sox.

Pets: I have said this repeatdly... gold/platina bells. Give them machine gun and bullets. When you get rubynus material give it to them to raise their HP. Harder to get by level 30. At lower levcels you can just cast summon monsters and they have a high likelihood of spawning. They still come by level 30... but it will be more a grind. Do this in puppy cave so you can leave if fight gets too hard. Use small medals to buy a couple of rods of domination to get them. More = better. They are a game change. They will mow stuff down and let you go to much harder dungeons. Eventually you will upgrade, but I have the most success with bell type character

gold/platina bell -> bell of emergence => xena satellites - > bell of termination (very high level). You can level the pets and give them skills with gene engineering. Bells get damage reduction so their low HP isn't a big deal and rubynus eq increase HP alot. Regular bells are just fine at level 30. They may die some at level 1, but its so cheap to ressurrect them don't worry about it. All they need is a machine gun and a bullet. give them light armor. Gene engineering also adds body parts

There is a recommended pets page on the wiki.

Pet Shops: Go to negotiation page on the wiki and there is a link to pet shops.They explain this really poorly. Basically pet shops sell weapons/armor for far more gold than you will. So having a shop with a pet running that has good charisma/negotiation gets you alot more gold. Rest of the stuff you should sell yourself. Best way to make gold is to use blessed scrolls of change material on weapons and armor with good gold multiplies and get them a superior material type. Then sell in shop. I make millions of gold crafting panties/bulletproof vest, and pope robes plus spears with carpentry, using scrolsl then selling. This more of a mid to late game strategy.

Since you are level 30, I recommend accumulate a significant number of gems first. If you have a pot for fusion (you should by level 30) you may have the skill to ruse emeralds, diamonds, and rubynus into brilliant gems. Pets sell gems. Pets can sell blessed brilliant diamonds for 28k./ They use this gold to train potentials. It happens automatically. you will see a message that says 'pet sells gems for 'x' gold. if they have enough gold to train potentials the will. Here is the trick.

The cost for pets to train potentials is 500 gold * Pet Level. This caps at 20k/train. So a level 1 bell will train for 500 gold. So if you aqcuire a bell and give him a bunch of gems, it wont cost that much to get his potentials to 400% off the bat. Now they will level fast with this, but thats ok and it will get more expensive to train, but you might as well start fast.

recommended pets:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_pets

Pets also increase the number of wishes you get. You have a very small chance of getting a wish if you or your pet drinks from a well. Don't feed pets. As you go through town (normal course of play), they will drink. Occasionaly (very occassionally) you get a wish. They will come. More pets = more wishes. Yes they get pregnant with aliens, but this is really easy to get rid of. Just give them a potion of dye or sulfuric acid. Its not even that urgent. The aliens are not that hard.

Seriously get bells. You will have to grind some at level 30 to get them to be summoned. There are alto of rods of monster summoning in the puppy cave. Its a game changer. I also recommend gene engineering cooking into one of your bells. You can get cooking from a pet at the slave master. If you go to sleep at night at quarter to midnight you have your best chance of having a pet make breakfast. This raises attribute potentials for every slowly (but it absolutely adds up).

when you get bells go to slave master in derphy. See post at bottom on what pets you to buy to gene engineer to get cooking, marksman, and eye of the mind.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Slave_master

This page has multipliers for selling weapons/armor. You get a VERY low price selling yourself unless negotiation is radically higher than your pets. The formuls are in the wiki. You can put enter it into a spreadsheet.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Powergamer%27s_guide

Getting 4th God Gift: The wiki again is poorly written to explain this and its totally confusing.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gods

First off you need to have already gotten the first 3 god gifts. You get them by praying when your favor hits 1525,2525, and then 4025.
During the month of november... and you can do this for one god/year.
Go to the truce ground (north of Palmia with all the altars). Have 4025 favor. Pray. note that praying lowers your favor by 15%.
You need to again have 4025 favor. Press 'i' and point at the god. Hit talk. He drops the 4th god gift. So you either need more than 4025 favor when you summon or have stuff with you to offer to your god to get back up.

You can also use  a wish to summon the god if its not november. I don't recommend using a wish for this until you hit act 3 and can get scrolls of growth in exchange for sox.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:23:16 pm by guessingo »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: September 27, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

What the hell are sox?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 27, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »

They're literally socks as weapons that do nerve damage. They're kinda like melee panties and are pretty rare.

This questline is where you can trade them. 1 sox = 2 scrolls of growth, or you could save up 30 and go for some materials for the whole artifact synthesis thing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 27, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »

Yeah... I'd been holding off on getting bells since it felt so much like cheating. But, I think after completing a level 50 dungeon I can justify it to myself :P Sadly even at my level I'm still running around collecting new skills (I JUST got Control Magic which is pitiful for my level). I usually use wishes on either gain attribute scrolls or secret experience of kumiromi. I'm also late on getting the material gathering/crafting skills, so panties are a far way off. (I don't even have tailoring yet I don't think...) Ah well, just more grinding ahead of me I suppose :P

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: September 27, 2014, 07:58:36 pm »

I also recommend gene engineering cooking into one of your bells. You can get cooking from a pet at the slave master. If you go to sleep at night at quarter to midnight you have your best chance of having a pet make breakfast. This raises attribute potentials for every slowly (but it absolutely adds up).

when you get bells go to slave master in derphy. See post at bottom on what pets you to buy to gene engineer to get cooking, marksman, and eye of the mind.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Slave_master

I'm still not clear what pets carry cooking in order to gene engineer it. Your post indicated that it would be listed somewhere, but neither the Slave Master link nor any of the pets linked in that article came up with results when I ctrl-f "cook". The powergamer guide has a couple references but only as suggestions for the player to learn cooking, nothing about how to get pets the skill.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »

Rogue wizards you can get from the slave master definitely have cooking.

Yeah... I'd been holding off on getting bells since it felt so much like cheating. But, I think after completing a level 50 dungeon I can justify it to myself :P Sadly even at my level I'm still running around collecting new skills (I JUST got Control Magic which is pitiful for my level). I usually use wishes on either gain attribute scrolls or secret experience of kumiromi. I'm also late on getting the material gathering/crafting skills, so panties are a far way off. (I don't even have tailoring yet I don't think...) Ah well, just more grinding ahead of me I suppose :P
Yeah, I'm in pretty much the same situation, actually. It takes quite a while to get all the skills. I haven't really been looking for wishes though, because I don't know what feats to take (I'll probably just max out the ascetic one for more life).

Bells are pretty ezmode if you ask me. Now excuse me while I take another 100 hours to finish Act 1. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:10 pm »

So is Elona still a game where the last thing you want to do is level up?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 27, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »

Only if you want the most optimised possible character ever, but in normal gameplay (at least in the elona+ version i played) you don't need to do that at all, i never bothered to control or slow down my leveling, and still managed to complete the game, well the 1st act i mean.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: September 27, 2014, 09:14:20 pm »

So, uh. I started playing again on my Juere Pianist. Not long after hitting level 14, I got my fourth wish on the character from a random dungeon well.

I have no idea how this is happening, because I've literally never gotten more than one on any other character, even ones with much more play time.

Also, recommendations? I've already got seven-league boots, a vindale cloak, a couple happy beds, a whole heap of cure corruption potions, and a bunch of good mutations.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 27, 2014, 09:23:32 pm »

This looks interesting. Will have to try it out soonish. And probably pile thousands of corpses of adventurers atop the altar to the Random Number God in the process.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 291