Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 586687 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3945 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:45 pm »

Yup, gives you a special action that lets you attack an enemy within 2 spaces. Comes by default on whips and chainsickles, and a big ol' unique greatsword.

When I fought Mr. White Eagle of Zanan, it looked like the chance of actually ragnarocking was actually really low. Either that or it works like an invoke and thus only triggers on a successful hit, which he couldn't get off because 1. I was kiting like a lich and 2. my DV is pretty high. He's just a big tank if you don't let him near you... just like Zeome.

In other news, guessingo, I made a wizard mode character to see if you can summon two gods in the same November. Stand by for more info. Raising stats and skills to an acceptable level is really tedious even with infinite wishes AND on overdose mode.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:02 am »

In other news, guessingo, I made a wizard mode character to see if you can summon two gods in the same November. Stand by for more info. Raising stats and skills to an acceptable level is really tedious even with infinite wishes AND on overdose mode.
Cheat engine is your friend.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: September 21, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »

how do i tell if i have anorexia? I dont see a status affect? I vomit alot when i eat even when the food is not cursed. Wiki says that if you die, you lose anorexia. that didn't work. i stopped vomitting for a little while, but the vomitting came back. Ill go suicide in hunting quests. then all of a sudden I get 'you develop anorexia. I dont eat anything.

i dont know how to get rid of this.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:41:47 pm by guessingo »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: September 21, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »

You can see if you have it on the feats page. Dying got rid of it for me. If you die and throw up again I think you might redevelop anorexia. It was basically a huge pain in the butt.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: September 21, 2014, 08:17:41 pm »

Vomiting increases the anorexia counter by one.
Every day that passes reduces the counter by one.
Dying reduces the counter by one.

When the anorexia counter reaches a certain threshold, you'll develop anorexia.
Once the counter is reduced below that threshold, you'll lose anorexia, but you can easily redevelop it by vomiting.

Eating with anorexia causes you to vomit, thus you don't want to do that.

Remember that dying in hunting quests now drops your Charisma and Willpower stats.

You can curb starvation by drinking potions and eating snow from snowy areas ("g"et on an empty snow tile).

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: September 22, 2014, 06:22:22 am »

Dying is hunter quest didnt fix. It came right back. I had to suicide normally to make it go away. Anorexia came right back after dying in a hunter quest.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 22, 2014, 06:33:15 am »

After about 300 the cost to invest stops going up. Invest 50 goes down by about 2000 gold for each level in investment. This stuff usually has a floor value or declining returns. At about 220 investing its about 420k. Anyone know how low it goes? This stuff usually stops declining.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 22, 2014, 09:24:17 am »

Rather than finding the floor value, I would be more curious to know what investing to such high levels would bring out in the shop.
I guess black market and maybe the guy in noyel would get some quite interesting stuff. The magic shop might more reliably bring out potentials or flying scrolls perhaps.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: September 22, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »

It takes alot more investing level to max out shops. Im over 600 in a weapons and armor shop and i have not filled out 6 pages. I saw a post on the wiki from someone who said they raised magic shop to something like 2000 and gets potions of descent.

Does anyone know what causes vomitting. I died regularly, anorexia cleared. Dying in hunting quest did NOT clear it. It came right back. I did this several times. Now I am vomitting again sometimes. I havenot eaten any cursed food or quaffed poison or anything that would make me vomit. Not eaten any zombies/liches etc or rotten food. I don't get it.

I am wondering if eating too many herbs and/or quaffing potions of potential can cause vomitting. I find when i eat alot of stomafilia and quaff alot of potions of potential I vomit. This info is not on the wiki. So if it happens it won't be there.

btw, quaffing potions potions trains both alchemy and magical device. I believe the wiki only says magical device. This extends to anything you quaff including snow you gather in Noyel. 45 alchemy and you can craft potions of potential. Snow is unlimited and satiates you (though not completely) so this is an easy way to get to craft them without alot of effort.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: September 22, 2014, 11:27:02 pm »

Overeating does cause vomiting yes.
One effect of getting drunk is random vomiting.
It could be the Sickness effect, but that should be plainly listed (and be cured on death).

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 23, 2014, 05:55:21 am »

What is overrating? Does that mean going to bloated? Stomafilia takes you to bloated. I use blessed ones.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: September 23, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

You're eating the stomafillia first? Drinking potions while bloated usually makes you vomit. Generally you can't eat your way to vomiting because the game won't let you, but there's nothing stopping you from drinking until you vomit.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 23, 2014, 11:35:35 am »

there's nothing stopping you from drinking until you vomit.

Just like the real life!

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »

fyi. i switched back to jure in version 1.39 and i got all 3 god gifts again. There is a post on the wiki that your 2nd time around you get potions of cure corruption. Dont know if this was changed again or if you have to be beyond the first act. I am on the 3rd Act and I did jure the first time during the first act. I think this may reset after each act. I have a hunch of i do it again, Ill get potions of cure corruption.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: September 24, 2014, 11:53:23 am »

You're in the third act? I'd be real curious to see your stats. As it stands I feel like I'm hundreds of hours away from this still. :P It'd be cool to see what I'm working towards.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 291