Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567100 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3345 on: June 22, 2013, 01:59:03 am »

Alternately you could press * on the world map and browse the continent yourself, but that's a pain.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 22, 2013, 06:08:50 am »

So, does anyone have a better method to get small medals than running through dungeons? Alternatively, a good way to get scrolls of growth which is what I'm buying with the medals.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 22, 2013, 07:22:13 am »

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Small_medal

There are single medals hidden in various fixed locations in north tyris, but those don't respawn (without cheating anyway). There are other "farmable" methods that can rarely provide medals but dungeons seem to be the most reliable method with the largest income.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 22, 2013, 07:38:20 am »

...but dungeons seem to be the most reliable method with the largest income.
I feared that was so, and the static coins are long gone.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 22, 2013, 08:12:33 am »

...but dungeons seem to be the most reliable method with the largest income.
I feared that was so, and the static coins are long gone.

Gather 100/500 coins (a material). Treasure balls and treasure maps often have small medals.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 22, 2013, 08:16:17 am »

Yeah, though that is more of a bonus rather than farmable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 22, 2013, 09:04:11 am »

Eh, with high enough luck you'll see noticeably better gains from resource spots and containers, so putting feats into Luck (and mat-changing equipment that gives bonuses to Luck into raw so you can eat it) can be one of the more reliable ways to increase the rate at which you find medals.

You can also win 100y and 500y coins in the arena (every 5/20 battles respectively), which, when combined with high luck for opening the treasure balls, can net you a pretty good haul if you put time into it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 22, 2013, 10:03:02 am »

the best way i found to get luck seems to be to hunt rabbits in the puppy cave. i found about 15 rabbit's tail that way. and 10 potion of speed upper.
about small medals ... buy every harvest spellbook you find.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 22, 2013, 10:14:54 am »

If you've got access to South Tyris, you can spend music tickets to buy happy apples.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 22, 2013, 11:18:54 am »

If you've got access to South Tyris, you can spend music tickets to buy happy apples.
i started 2 weeks ago, that is nowhere near south T.
I'm only 150 hours in.
also: i recently summoned stuff by reading something a little out of my league.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 22, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »

As my character is strong enough i have decided to try to fetch more figurines/cards to improve my very nice museum rank and decided to grind the "Party" missions, as you can kill the named important NPC without karma problems.

Though avoid killing those random nobles and tourists directly, as it gives a karma hit that will be annoying to access merchants, use Summon Monster and teleport away to let the monster kill those nobles/tourists, then get back and fetch the nice ores they leave behind.

But for named NPC, it's battle time. Though be sure your character is powerfull enough, because guys like Loyter and "Dwell in Vanity" are really powerfull on their own, but if you have some teleport + powerfull direct attack spell (magic dart is fun at high level) , you should be able to kite them to death.

I got several of the figurines/cards i wanted, and noticed that it's a good source of artifacts too, sometime one of the unique "rich" named guy (not noble, don't mistake them, you can kill those "rich" named NPC without karma problem) and some of the unique NPC can drop superb loot.

Now if you're trying to play with keeping your Fame high to unlock Panic/Challenge missions and high level Hunting ones, losing a Party mission result in a big Fame hit (more than 1000 fame each time).
I went from 55000 fame to 34000 after grinding those missions (and lost access to Challenge mission and the Hunting ones have lost several difficulty levels unfortunately and then reward).
Will take a while to get back that much lost fame.

The only good side is that from level 50/60 , the rogue ambush members are level 30/40 now and at my character status are not a problem at all anymore even without using teleporting.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 22, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »

The wiki mentions angering your god when you switch. What does that entail aside from the debuff? Can you later re-worship that god?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 22, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

You lose any faith points in the god/goddess (Your skill is unaffected). Aside from that and the 10,000 turns of -20% speed/PV which cannot be cancelled via death or holy veil? No.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 22, 2013, 02:31:52 pm »

Yes, you can re-worship the god and even get all their goodies again. Though the non-pet items are precious so you would just get a random artifact of varying quality.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 22, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

so...there is something wrong with the no future mode that turns it from hard mode to tedious, if you or a pet kills a creature of the dog or cat race you lose 30 karma...that includes hounds...so its effectively impossible to keep karma above hostile...yea, you could potentially play as a criminal...it would make things rather hard to do the main quest...specifically having to get enough for disguise kits to talk to quest npcs
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 291