Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567079 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3300 on: June 21, 2013, 02:43:17 am »

i built 250 barrels
That is your problem. you are overburdened and probably had like 10 speed at most because cargo weight does matter.
What you do is you just bring the carpenter tools, craft a few and sell them and then you go to the next town and craft some more.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 21, 2013, 03:33:48 am »

Just found out command flag is a usable item now... it acts as an AoE version of the Directive action.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 21, 2013, 03:48:16 am »

Still exploring E+
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 21, 2013, 04:01:25 am »

I posted on here a while back, and can't find it (I'm sure someone replied, but I went on a short break and now can't find it!) but...

A) Which is better, Elona or Elona+?
B) Does anyone have a link to the latest English version of either/both?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 21, 2013, 04:06:11 am »

Still exploring E+
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Depends on if you think his stats are good or have potential. Though by your level it's awfully late for him. You still could try gene engineering him though.

I posted on here a while back, and can't find it (I'm sure someone replied, but I went on a short break and now can't find it!) but...

A) Which is better, Elona or Elona+?
B) Does anyone have a link to the latest English version of either/both?
A: Elona+ is better because it has more stuff and is actively being developed. Base Elona is more... "Polished" if anything, but definitely behind in features to Elona+.
B: Elona (At least I assume this is where you get it, I think the file is "elona122.zip"), and Elona+.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: June 21, 2013, 04:27:19 am »

...by your level it's awfully late for him. You still could try gene engineering him though.

this is literally my second dungeon. haven't even started the main quest yet. also: i dropped down the stairs of the puppy cave and immediately lost the cooler box... that was my first dungeon in which i explored about 200 floors over 2 months. then i went here.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:10 am »

Thanks, Tarran! Elona+ is now on my machine and I shall have a go!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: June 21, 2013, 04:50:04 am »

... goda is totally worth it.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:37 am »

What's with the endless lists of awful Aliases? Can I not create my own?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 21, 2013, 05:06:02 am »

no, they are randomly generated.
just reroll untill you get something good.
Example: i had played a fairy pianist earlier, then reincarnated him.
"Fairy Child" is my alias.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:57 am »

Well, you can change it if you're willing to Snack (save edit) it.

If you're playing just for fun, then go right ahead, but if you're not, as in you want to enjoy the pain of death and such, avoid it. You'll be tempted to edit your stats, trust me.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 21, 2013, 10:26:54 am »

I looked at this. This is not a rogue like right? or is it? Its just a very hard RPG. I saw an elona+ mod or something like that. should I play staight elona first? Sometimes these mods just make the game harder and you need to play the regular games first. I am in the ADOM 1.2 beta so I know about hard rogue likes (though I really do suck at these games).

This game looks like it has not been enhanced in a while so its basically static right? Just asking before I go spend hours on it and die a million times. I went to the forums and it does not appear to be real active.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 21, 2013, 10:34:40 am »

Hmm. Other than not having permadeath I would say that it fits quite well in the Roguelike category.
E+ has some small balancing changes to the base, makes mages viable and adds content after standard elona. So I would say that you should just play elona+ from the start

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 21, 2013, 10:56:52 am »

i built 250 barrels
That is your problem. you are overburdened and probably had like 10 speed at most because cargo weight does matter.
What you do is you just bring the carpenter tools, craft a few and sell them and then you go to the next town and craft some more.

Aren't cargo items like barrels supposed to be in the cargo cart, not counted in the inventory burden ?

It looks like it because they added nothing to my current burden status.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 21, 2013, 11:03:14 am »

Your cart has a weight limit as well so if it goes over it slows you down. 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 291