Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567116 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2595 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:42 am »

Seriyu sent me a link to this forum thread containing a lot of information relating to the main story of Elona. There is way more left untranslated than it seems. It's pretty deep.

I'll probably still dick around on the surface ignoring major world events, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 20, 2013, 03:32:56 pm »

Yeah saw that, a year or so ago, but pretty much forgot about it. Was an interesting read though, considering how much of that never made it into the english translation.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 20, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »

. . . You know, the first time I read that I had just finished messing around with Wizard Mode.

To be more specific, I'd just used a pair of cursed sandbags on Lomias and Lanneire before they even had the chance to leave the cave.

I should feel bad, right?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 20, 2013, 05:27:02 pm »

I should feel bad, right?
I see that you haven't been desensitized yet. Not enough exposure to the main section of the forum or haven't played enough DF yet.
Cursing someone to be a practice dummy is nothing around here :P

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:24 pm »

I suppose it's because I have a different mindset in different games.

Garry's Mod:Kill rebels repeatedly. Kill rebels, Alyx, Barney, and other humans however possibly and painfully. Combine take over everything. Torture Ragdolls. Gore mod. Yes. BLOOD EVERYWHERE. =D

Dwarf Fortress:Extremely protective of my Dorfs and nearby kobolds/elves, hateful of Gobbos and Humans. Generally "invite" a necromancer adventurer of mine to the Fortress. Sometimes modify dwarves to breed quickly and die painfully, if I'm in a fell mood.

Elona:Putit? SO. . . I have to punch something to regain my manliness! *Proceeds to punch a T-Rex* There. *Sees putit again* More punching necessary! *Punches all of North Tyris* There. Now to return to my putit ranches.

I think I've my point across. I guess it might also be the "A Million is a Statistic" mindset. I once used wizard mode to Ragnarok, then Nuked, then Ragnarok again, then MewMewMew's the capital.

I can be such a terrible person, and everyone only knows me as a nice person. . . Ahahah!

Okay, more related to gameplay:Does anyone know if Putit Tanks spawn naturally, or do I have to go through the pain of getting a military putit, using a heart to make it a command putit, then using another heart for a putit tank? I have a thing for putits.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 20, 2013, 07:33:08 pm »

I've seen a putit tank before. I think.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 20, 2013, 08:28:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure they spawn normally, but its weird as the wiki says they are level 12, yet I've only seen them in the south
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: May 20, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

Garry's Mod

As always I have to point out that it isn't a game in it of itself. It is a tool that can be used to play games.

Garry's Mod is as much a game as RPGmaker is.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 21, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »

I once used wizard mode to Ragnarok, then Nuked, then Ragnarok again, then MewMewMew's the capital.

I can be such a terrible person, and everyone only knows me as a nice person. . . Ahahah!
Alien invasions are better. Just let an alien place an egg on you and spend some time around a city for a while.

Then collect the items you find on corpses.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 21, 2013, 02:47:18 pm »

Can you win Elona in the english version currently? Is there a main story arch or anything?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:09 pm »

Yes. It involves..

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 21, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »

Honestly Elona seems like a game that shouldn't really have an ending.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 21, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »

Honestly Elona seems like a game that shouldn't really have an ending.

Luckily, it doesn't have one. Finishing the main quest line does not end the game.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2608 on: May 21, 2013, 06:19:04 pm »

New patch out, short version is you can now hug enemies to death, the weapon class special attacks are now tied to a limit break gauge of some kind, and you can now put melee weapons into the ranged slot and throw them, and put bows into the main weapon slot and whack people with them.

EDIT: also what file do I copy over to transfer a character I'm lost send help
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:26:12 pm by Seriyu »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 21, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

They really pumping them patches out arent they. Not complaining though hehe.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 291