Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567203 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2130 on: June 21, 2012, 04:15:28 pm »

is 1 rest ever enough?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 21, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »

is 1 rest ever enough?
At start it is but after 2-3 cycles you get tired quickly. Maybe rest two times to guarantee. When I'm doing a run, I rest one time, and after doing it I rest twice and after that, one time again and two times. You get the idea.

If you don't have the wicked trait expect a huge karma hit. I never do it without getting the wicked trait first. It's a lot of work, bombing Palmia and being a criminal until you raise your karma, but you practically get infinite money after you get the trait. It seems like an exploit sometimes.

Visit the shops you invested in. They have more money than usual.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 21, 2012, 05:13:52 pm »

My issue with that sort of money farming was that resting frequently required many more than just one or two rest periods.

I think I was playing Elona+ or ELM, since I had a stamina counter. A session would consume about 70 stamina (~110 to 50 or 40), and each rest would only restore about 9 or 10. Was greatly tedious.

Not sure if being a fairy pianist made any difference. Speed was probably ~140 (maybe?) after all the gear and mutations I had.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:11 pm »

I think I was playing Elona+ or ELM, since I had a stamina counter. A session would consume about 70 stamina (~110 to 50 or 40), and each rest would only restore about 9 or 10. Was greatly tedious.
The same with me. Playing ELM myself and I have to 'R'est several times because it restores very little (more or less 10-20 stamina I think). So yeah, different version tweaks I guess...

Extra Note: Don't try to duplicate Precious one of a kind Items like Unknown Shell and such. It can be...troublesome...as it also affects your Pets inventories and can lead to equipment problems.

Also lost my Cooler Box cuz' of it....not cool (haha, cheating Karma). Luckily I've got an older back-up save to fall back on.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 22, 2012, 07:48:21 am »

Whoa. I'm glad I'm still playing with x-mas version :P

Anyway, resting doesn't really take much time if you turn off the animations and waiting times. It takes less than a second for the game to process that resting phase.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 23, 2012, 03:09:52 am »

I went on a Hunting quest, and found a <Mad Scientist>... I defeated him with a single shot, and instead of disappearing (he did leave his corpse, card and statue) he asked to be a friend! I agreed and he joined me. :P  Is this new to Elona Plus or some features I never found out about in vanilla?

Edit: Off to learn Gene Engineering so I can check if he's a good pet or not... according to vanilla, probably not... D:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:13:00 am by kcwong »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 23, 2012, 03:28:02 am »

It's a new thing, I guess.

Somebody mentioned befriending foes 'Nanoha' style.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 23, 2012, 11:52:58 pm »

Anyone knows what you can do with those [monster] child?

I've found some now and then; I tried to offer food to a griffin child. When I tried to gave it a store-bought apple pie, it refuses to take it. When I tried to give it a dish of risky noodle I cooked, it refuses *and* said "It's too creepy. I don't want it."

T_T

Edit: Wait, I got a tamer's whip with me... let me see if that's it...

Edit 2: "Use what? Train who? Except you can not train a pet." That's not it then... at least I found out griffins find a lot of stuff creepy, not just my cooking...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:19:38 am by kcwong »

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:40 am »

What would the optimal way to gain performer skill?
I started as a pianist and they only start with 10 or so points in that skill.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:53 am »

If you think you can make the trip, go to the little sister's mansion. Once you're there, attack the little sister shopkeeper so that she starts summoning hordes of level 1 little sisters. Get out of sight of the strong shopkeeper one, and then just perform for the weak summoned sisters.

They do get bored of you after a while though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 24, 2012, 02:29:20 am »

They get bored? I guess that's a new version thing.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:04 am »

If you think you can make the trip, go to the little sister's mansion. Once you're there, attack the little sister shopkeeper so that she starts summoning hordes of level 1 little sisters. Get out of sight of the strong shopkeeper one, and then just perform for the weak summoned sisters.

They do get bored of you after a while though.

Instead of attacking her directly, just zap a wand of summon monsters. The monsters would be hostile to everyone, so the sister shopkeeper would start summoning without getting mad at you.

Kill the monsters after you think you have enough sisters... because otherwise it would be quite hard to talk to the sister shopkeeper again (they all look the same). She sells a special lunchbox that can restore your sanity.

For the bored thing, you can simply wait for tomorrow... do other stuff in the mean time. Like zapping wands of wall creation and mining. :3 Getting bored of your music is in vanilla, even before X'mas version.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:31:23 am by kcwong »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 24, 2012, 07:55:25 am »

Anyone knows what you can do with those [monster] child?

I've found some now and then; I tried to offer food to a griffin child. When I tried to gave it a store-bought apple pie, it refuses to take it. When I tried to give it a dish of risky noodle I cooked, it refuses *and* said "It's too creepy. I don't want it."

The "It's too creepy" response is, AFAIK, because the item is cursed. Or maybe just unidentified. I remember seeing it sometimes when boozing up NPCs.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 24, 2012, 12:11:42 pm »

I've found a ranch works decently to train performer. Provided you have a bunch of creatures hanging out there.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 24, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

So guess who died to doomed equipment?

(Hint, it was {Whom dwells in vanity})

So now I have the sword that ends all. Its surprisingly meh.

Also my secret to performer is to go to the mansion of little girl. Loads of lv1 neutrals if you hit the shop-keeper.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 291