Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567231 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1440 on: November 06, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »

Anything you use when ever you have spare holy water.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 06, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:54:45 am by Ogdibus »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 06, 2011, 03:32:37 pm »

So I just figured out why turning my miracle bronze claymore into a a diamond one is a bad idea: No light armor bonus any more. D:

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 06, 2011, 04:06:18 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:57:46 am by Ogdibus »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 06, 2011, 06:15:35 pm »

Considre trying for Rubynus, next time you get a chance. It's very well rounded.  Emerald is pretty nice, too.  I often like diamond for weapons, but it's really heavy, and best suited to weapons that are already heavy, which isn't always agreeable.

I'll admit, the (3d16+16)(2) acidproof, fireproof is nice, but when the dang thing weighs more than 4x the rest of my equipment combined...

On another note, I just grew feathers... SPD+15, Weight -20%, no cloak wearing. This is negative why, exactly?!  :D

3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 06, 2011, 06:18:54 pm »

You cannot wear cloaks with the feathers. And it's not exactly negative, more accurately it's a trade-off, but it is associated with Ether. Which is negative.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 06, 2011, 06:42:55 pm »

That was pretty much my point. I'm giving up +5PV & +4SPD or +7PV & Float for +15SPD and a larger carrying capacity. Not even worth calling a 'trade', at this point in the game. The only regret I have is eventually losing it when another shows up and I have to cure them.

3. Run Resize Enable

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 06, 2011, 06:48:01 pm »

Considre trying for Rubynus, next time you get a chance. It's very well rounded.  Emerald is pretty nice, too.  I often like diamond for weapons, but it's really heavy, and best suited to weapons that are already heavy, which isn't always agreeable.

I'll admit, the (3d16+16)(2) acidproof, fireproof is nice, but when the dang thing weighs more than 4x the rest of my equipment combined...

Probably have to fight like this. (Skip to about 1:00 minute in if you don't want build-up.)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:32 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:57:58 am by Ogdibus »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:16 pm »

If you look at a later video of his, he remade the sword with more pretty detail. He was going to use it again, but his wife and child stopped him because he had slipped a disk using it last time, so he got the camera guy to wield it. The camera guy was a big, muscular dude and he still had trouble swinging the huge thing.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 06, 2011, 07:37:18 pm »

If the weight bothers you, you shouldn't be using claymores.  A katana would probably serve you much better.  I prefer daggers, kitchen knives, and scimitars.  Besides the lighter weight, they are easier to fight with if you have low skills.

I'm pretty sure the only characters in FF7 that used giant swords were either huge monsters, or enhanced by that mako exposure program, like the members of SOLDIER, who were the only intended users of the swords.  It's as if the guy in the video tried to make "Excalibur" to prove how it isn't magical, or that Surtr could never destroy the world by throwing a shiny sword.  On the otherhand, I guess there are a lot people that can't tell the difference between fiction and reality when it comes to subjects that are so far removed from their lives, (understandably).  He probably satisfied more than one person's curiosity.  Still, it looks like he wanted to prove his own theory, rather than disprove a theory.

I'm playing a Claymore, and I'm a sucker for SP roleplay, so~

Besides, the weight wasn't a problem, and I was getting 2-3 hit kills on things several levels higher when it was bronze, it's just that diamond is the second heaviest material type. Almost everything but adamantium would be light enough to not push me over the limit.

RE: the video: Damn you, I just spent close to an hour watching a bunch of his other stuff.  :P

And I think the point he made, particularly with the Dragonslayer video, is that it is technically possible for someone to use a sword that size, but that they'd have to have massive upper body, back, and leg strength to be able to use it for more than a minute or two, much less develop anything resembling an actual style beyond "overhead swing overhead swing overhead swing".

3. Run Resize Enable

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 06, 2011, 07:47:19 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:58:24 am by Ogdibus »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 06, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

The point he makes is that Ireland is superior to every other country.
*Hugs*

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »

You guys got any tricks to raising STR quickly?  I've been doing the farm quests in Yowyn and pulling stuff for my STR to level up.  It's taking a while and I was wondering if you guys knew anything faster.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 06, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:58:43 am by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 291