Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567126 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #720 on: July 01, 2011, 11:56:18 pm »

I think silver bells are either imune or highly resistant to magic. Dominating them will likely fail.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 02, 2011, 12:19:26 am »

None of the bells are particularly resistant to magic domination, last I bothered paying attention. However a wiki-check says yeah, dominate (the spell) will likely fail. Domination rods apparently work a lot better. Either case, pick up the monster heart before you go dominating.

Also, never, ever give a bell a grenade. They will kill themselves and/or you, and do so very, very, quickly. Shuriken or panties are the way to go.

For the time stop thing, it works just fine on NPCs, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 02, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »

I've been meaning to get into Elona at some point.

Anyone have a link to the latest build or something?

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 02, 2011, 03:23:29 pm »

I've been meaning to get into Elona at some point.

Anyone have a link to the latest build or something?

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html

FYI though development is limbo right now since the original dev dropped it.
Someone else to porting to java (which according to him will take a while) THEN perhaps updates.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 05, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

I've picked this back up.  Finally decided to get a proper weapon - lightning spear - and now I can actually get a few kills, as opposed to when I was using a scythe or martial arts.

Playing 1.20, though, and I've run into a problem.  It seems that winning 3-4 times and then losing at blackjack no longer gives cure corruption potions... has anyone know if that's right?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

If I recall correctly, you need to win at lest 5 times and no more than 7 times in a row before losing to get a cure corruption potion. Also, bet with only one chip. I've not played your version, however.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:05 am »

Aaaargh, some guard in Palmia has monster summoning equipment, giving me battle spam whenever I'm in the town. From time to time a citizen is killed and I can grab the loot (got a masterpiece bed and a throne that way), but now aliens came and made the king pregnat. That's gonna be FUN  :o

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:48 am »

Aaaargh, some guard in Palmia has monster summoning equipment, giving me battle spam whenever I'm in the town. From time to time a citizen is killed and I can grab the loot (got a masterpiece bed and a throne that way), but now aliens came and made the king pregnat. That's gonna be FUN  :o

Now might be a good time to consider completing the Red Blossom in Palmia quest. Just saying.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 07, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

Palmia is full of aliens and chess pieces now, I died twice in there.

Now might be a good time to consider completing the Red Blossom in Palmia quest. Just saying.
This  :D

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44:38 am »

But the question is, can you carry it? Are you dwarf enough to haul slade-weighted thermonuclear devices?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:30 pm »

But the question is, can you carry it? Are you dwarf enough to haul slade-weighted thermonuclear devices?
I'm a peasant, hauling is my life.

Palmia is gone now. I went back there to scavenge a bit, but the survivors/reincarnations were not amused, so I only got a diamond and a stuid tree. It looks nice in my garden though.
Seems I have to grind the tail out of Derphy quests now :-\

Edit: Yayz, I'm strong enough to pay my taxes without anybody dying
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:21:03 pm by Bardum Idith »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 09, 2011, 12:12:02 am »

Anybody know a reliable way to get potions of descent? I feel as if my level is getting a *bit* out of control. I think I heard somewhere that if you breed zombies at your ranch they will drop from time to time. Can anybody confirm this?

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 09, 2011, 01:02:27 am »

Anybody know a reliable way to get potions of descent? I feel as if my level is getting a *bit* out of control. I think I heard somewhere that if you breed zombies at your ranch they will drop from time to time. Can anybody confirm this?

Nope. Unless you get multiple ranches, zombie breedrate*droprate just isn't high enough to reliably get potions in a timely fashion. Zombie ranches are the only way to increase the overall PoD droprate, but the increase is so small you might as well not bother. If you happen to have unlimited charisma and gold, something like 10x ranch might work.

source: 2x zombie ranch.

happyft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 09, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »

Random passerby stopping by to say hello and that this is one helluva hard game. It's taken me many deaths and several restarts, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm a Yerles Archer w/ 3 feats of Luck, and while I had to spend the first few levels doing nothing but grinding up Evasion and Marksmanship, it's made it all the worthwhile now that I can take on most monsters a few levels higher than me at lvl 8 with my trusty 10d3 machinegun. Of course, finding treasure maps every week helps too ^^ Gogo 40% prot 2d10 +80% evasion

I've realized after the fact the game design is really similar to Elona Shooter in the sense that the early to early-mid game is the hardest part. Once you figure out the best combos, it's just repetitive after that. Haha, from reading the wiki, it seems the most abusive strat is to gather up potions of cure corruption from blackjack, dig up medals for a rod of domination and gear up a bell with panties or something like that. Meh, I feel like my opening was abusive enough ^^ The luck +15 giving treasure maps made it all so easy ^^

Well I have to figure out how to beat magic users now. I get to the third of fourth lvl of some of these lvl 3-4 dungeons and I get one-rounded by a goblin shaman, faerie and wizard.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 09, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »

I managed to wish 3 times via wells. I got a farm, a blanket(Tried to get cozy house) and seven league boots.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 291