Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567146 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #630 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:20 pm »

Where do you guys even get your instruments? I've looked in every general shop and found none.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 26, 2011, 05:50:24 pm »

Head to the graveyard. Also, check every quest board for I want it! quests. Rarely do they want a musical instrument, which you can trade for and not give up at the end.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 26, 2011, 06:11:12 pm »

I usually play a performer
*Hugs*

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 26, 2011, 06:24:26 pm »

Hey, I just started playing Elona today (17 year old Juere Thief) and for some reason, I keep teleporting at complete random.

Can someone please explain this?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:22 pm »

Most likely cursed equipment.

You equipped the bow in the tutorial without reading the scroll of uncursing, didn't you?
*Hugs*

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 26, 2011, 06:28:19 pm »

Head to the graveyard. Also, check every quest board for I want it! quests. Rarely do they want a musical instrument, which you can trade for and not give up at the end.
Ah, found the horn at the graveyard, thanks!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 26, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »

Most likely cursed equipment.

You equipped the bow in the tutorial without reading the scroll of uncursing, didn't you?
Well, this was before I knew how to pick things up, so I was forced to use it while it was on the ground.

Was I suppost to have the cursed items in my bag?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 26, 2011, 07:08:20 pm »

Scrolls generally only decurse items you are wearing. I think 'vanish curse' (as opposed to 'uncurse') can also uncurse non-worn equipment and other items (books, food or whatthaveyou).

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:56 pm »

Ah, found the horn at the graveyard, thanks!

You can also kill bards (when you're able to)! They sometimes drop an instrument. I got several that way... read a scroll of inferior material and drop it in my cave. Bam! Lots of house rank.

Some facts:
- Your karma do not drop when you kill the NPC bards
- If you don't kill them, they will perform and draw money from you and your pets
- When you press * the game auto targets the bard instead of a closer NPC

Conclusion: Noa wants you to kill them. :D

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:16 pm »

A bit of help for those who do god hopping.

Stockpile everything all the gods you plan to hit like, unless its perishable like fish. Itzpalt is the real biggie here, since staffs are extraordinarily rare compared to the rest of the items needed. For the rest, just stockpile the items as you find them. Shouldn't need to buy too much, though it is an option if you want to get a lot of favor really fast.

Pour your bonus points into Faith. I'm not sure if its even possible to train it, outside of the very rare scrolls of faith and the random faith dreams.

There are 5-6 spare alters in the world. Truce Grounds has one, Palmia has one, Noyel has one unaligned and one occasionally to Jure, the cyber dome has an extra to Mani, and the graveyard has an unaligned one as well. Those 5-6 extra alters can count for 25-30 items if you convert them with the favored item. That's halfway to the pet. Likewise, if you don't mind a bit of risk, you can burn down the alters, and they will respawn the way they were. Likewise, the Noyel alters reset every year during and after the holy festival. That means, potentially, you only need 32 favored items to get to the favor needed for a pet.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 26, 2011, 10:04:58 pm »

Ah yes, I read about Bard killing in the wiki.

I might try that if I ever decide to make a Pianist.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 26, 2011, 11:19:28 pm »

A bit of help for those who do god hopping.

Stockpile everything all the gods you plan to hit like, unless its perishable like fish. Itzpalt is the real biggie here, since staffs are extraordinarily rare compared to the rest of the items needed. For the rest, just stockpile the items as you find them. Shouldn't need to buy too much, though it is an option if you want to get a lot of favor really fast.

Pour your bonus points into Faith. I'm not sure if its even possible to train it, outside of the very rare scrolls of faith and the random faith dreams.

There are 5-6 spare alters in the world. Truce Grounds has one, Palmia has one, Noyel has one unaligned and one occasionally to Jure, the cyber dome has an extra to Mani, and the graveyard has an unaligned one as well. Those 5-6 extra alters can count for 25-30 items if you convert them with the favored item. That's halfway to the pet. Likewise, if you don't mind a bit of risk, you can burn down the alters, and they will respawn the way they were. Likewise, the Noyel alters reset every year during and after the holy festival. That means, potentially, you only need 32 favored items to get to the favor needed for a pet.

Thanks. Out of curiosity what should my second god pet be? I'm keeping the cute fairy to provide seeds for my farming operation. Right now my party consists of two gold bells, a <Wyvern>, and the aforementioned fairy.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:04 am »

Is it normal if I'm teaching everyone swear words?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:19 am »

Exile is an excellent pet, as is the golden knight for carrying capacity. Black Cat also has good benefits.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:09 am »

Guys, my disease became worse. How would I cure it?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 291