Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 586658 times)

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3930 on: September 16, 2014, 05:27:31 pm »

getting the King of Palmia's card and figurine.
That's easy, just heavy burden yourself and get the need sleep status and then just wait in Palmia, the random assassination event will get him sooner or later.

But you will probably want to do backspace enter to reset Palmia afterwards because a lot of the NPCs will be dead.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: September 16, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »

If you got a few good pets, you could probably just fight him now. He's only about level 35, so it should be possible for you to just magic nuke him with a wet lightning bolt or nightmare+anything arrow combo.

There's nothing that comes from hanging around that you didn't mention. Favor will decay but you can counter that easily. Keep in mind the taxes will increase if you have more gold on your person.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: September 18, 2014, 07:21:07 am »

Do quests hit low level dungeons and make looking for blue capsules part of your routine. You can get 200 weight cargo which lowers speed to 10. This will generate alot of rogue bosses.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

I've been busy the past couple days so I haven't been able to try this stuff out (and I'm at work at the moment >.>) but plan to do that tonight. However, my guess is the king will kick my ass because I don't have the "good pets" suggested. Pets in general tend to take a back seat in my playstyle. I have one "fire dragon child" I'm trying to level up and evolve right now, and that's it. Don't have his stats handy but there's no way he'll be any help against the King of Palmia. Though, I haven't tried nuking the city yet, and have to do that quest anyways, but I seem to remember the king survives nukes. Should clear out some of the riff-raff though.

In any case, does anyone have advice on raising some good pets? I've always been a solo character but I seem to be hitting the limits of what I can do with that, at least without way too much grinding. Course, I know that pets take grinding too, but ever since learning of and starting to abuse breakfast, they've convinced me to give them another chance. :P

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: September 19, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »

Get bells for pets.

Go to puppy cave. Stay on stairs. Cast summon monsyer or use staves. Dominate them. Give them machine guns. As you find rubynus eq give it to them raises hp.

Summon monsters is based on your level your low enough to still get bells frequently.

Leave cave if summons too hard. Bells are game changers. Only pet you need for a while.

Next tip. When you have bells... Go to a cleared static dungeon, like thequest dungeons. Summon until hunger demon comes. Leave. Send pets back to town. Kill everything other than hunger demon. Go here wen you have a stack of food to eat for easy training.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: September 19, 2014, 10:41:06 pm »

Go to a cleared static dungeon, like thequest dungeons. Summon until hunger demon comes. Leave. Send pets back to town. Kill everything other than hunger demon. Go here wen you have a stack of food to eat for easy training.

Ohhh nice one, why I have never thought of that.  ;D

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

Go to elona wiki and do a search for powergamer. Guide there includes hunger demon and other stuff.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: September 20, 2014, 03:12:08 pm »

I thought I'd mention that summoning monster wands/spells works just fine to kill the king & queen.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: September 20, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »

As it turns out I ended up finding that third capsule drag when I finally decided to just kill some time by trading. Go figure :P So I got my Kaneda Bike and as you suggested, tried taking down the King. First I killed the other special NPCs in that part of the city then went for him. It was close but I was victorious in the end... then the guards swarmed me and threw me in prison. Didn't know they could do that, heh.

And as it turns out the king's card and figure had less of an impact on my museum rank than I would have thought. Ah well, I have bragging rights or something. Now I'm cheerfully stomping through the Act 1 main quest stuff. :D

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: September 20, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

Congratulations! You killed the king before the king got killed! :P

Now go for <Whom dwell in the vanity>!!!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: September 20, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

Yeah, go for that <emo bastard>!!!
._.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: September 20, 2014, 05:41:22 pm »

I believe I have a weapon laying around that generated with "It brings an end", maybe I can go up against him mano a mano xP

Edit:
Spoiler: "Bastard Stillness" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:44:30 pm by Singularity125 »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

"It makes it impossible to remote blow."

o-o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: September 20, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »

For when pressing extra hard on the buttons isn't enough, and you don't want to just get up and change that channel on the television by hand.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: September 20, 2014, 10:59:57 pm »

"It makes it impossible to remote blow."

o-o

I'm guessing that's the Engrish way of saying "long ranged melee attack".
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 291