Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 586686 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3705 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:17 am »

Personnally i like to have a lot of allies, even if half of them may die early (when better equipped it's much better though), i always have fun in having my personal army of minions fighting those monsters.

For the training grind of my spells, it's always better to send them to town before, as they may kill things before i can even shoot them.

Or bring your minions along, so you can train your Control Magic at the same time.  ;D

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »

It's been a while since I've played elona seriously, but the way I remember the higher level experience it was an awful lot of walking into rooms and holding down the ranged attack button and waiting for the room to clear. Maybe Elona+ changes things, but from what I remember of the base game I'm skeptical that investing all the required time into minions is anything but an aesthetic choice.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:43 am »

It's been a while since I've played elona seriously, but the way I remember the higher level experience it was an awful lot of walking into rooms and holding down the ranged attack button and waiting for the room to clear. Maybe Elona+ changes things, but from what I remember of the base game I'm skeptical that investing all the required time into minions is anything but an aesthetic choice.

I remember the base game a little differently. Fast ranged pets have always been hilariously OP, even more so in Elona+.

That said, there's no real reason to use the vast majority of melee pets when you can roomclear everything in sight by bringing in a few ranged pets and holding down the F key.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: February 16, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how to use some of the final god-gifts.

It's a bit strange for your god to give you something that lolnukes magic when you're a wizard. I suppose you could always stick it on a pet, as long as you make sure there's no way they'll ever loose mana.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »

They're pretty useless, honestly. Unless you want to self-nerf or something. Can't think of any uses outside of using Sasumata (Jure's weapon, IIRC) to beat things up and capture them.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: February 16, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »

Bah, I'm not near getting any of them anyway.

I've barely got into the competent area with this game.

65 hours in, I have a vague idea of what I'm doing and I can usually handle dungeons about half or so my level without croaking.

What's the best way to obtain good equipment? Trading with adventurers? Black market?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: February 16, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »

Personally, I'd invest in some blacksmith and magic shops to get some okay gear and scrolls of change material. Then you can run dungeons and/or quest until you get some nice enchanted base items (don't worry about material). Bless the change material scrolls (bigger stacks are better to save holy water), and then use them on anything you like until they're good materials like rubynus, diamond, spirit cloth, etc.

Black markets are also good to get enchanted stuff and artifacts, but they can get expensive as you have to invest some gold to see good stuff, and their merchandise is more expensive than other stores.

Adventurers can have good things too, but I haven't seen anything impressive so far aside from unrandarts like the Bow of Vinderre and the Zantetsu.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: February 17, 2014, 11:50:34 am »

In addition to what SirAaron said, some of my best artifacts have come from treasure maps. Also the sisters quest brings up a list of rewards you can pick from and it includes some artifacts. You can simply close the list and reopen it to get the artifact rerolled for free.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: February 17, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

If you are on Elona+ Zale, I would also recommend improving all your equipment to at least +1 through the blacksmith. Even if you switch equipment out frequently I find it to be affordable, and the +20 DV/PV or so (depending on the number of equipment slots you have) is pretty nice.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: February 20, 2014, 08:25:58 am »

Yeah, I'm using +.

I'm mostly pondering because I can't see how to play a fighty-type person.

Magic I can grasp fairly well, it's just I don't see the best way to use money if you mostly just stab people.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: February 20, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

I like to grind the puppy dungeon. Collect oracle scrolls until you have a nice big stack and trade with adventurers for some crazy gear.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 11, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »

Anyone know how to dig on your tile without having a numpad? Treasure maps are frustrating me to no end because of it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 11, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »

You can press Enter.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »

You can press Enter.

...I. Really? I just can't- I mean-... damn that never occurred to me. Thank you very much.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:46 pm »

Ugh, reminding me when I played these types of games without a numpad. I can't do that again.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 291