Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 586710 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3660 on: December 22, 2013, 01:01:31 am »

So you can no longer wear a disguise to learn skills from a guild you didn't join?
From what I've seen, at least from the mages guild, yes you can still learn skills. You just have to murder the guild master first.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: December 22, 2013, 02:45:18 am »

You don't even have to kill him: as long as you can find and talk to the trainer, you can learn the skills. Even if there's an angry wizard blasting you with nether arrows and junk.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:36 am »

Ah, so the guild masters finally have something they are used for other than card/figurine collections now.

Anyways, started playing again. Finally got my first evolution heart drop from a random gold golem mook in a mid 30's dungeon. Nothing else particularly interesting other than continued farming for ap to super boost mine and my little girls speed with. I think the little girl can use the evolution heart for an upgrade, but I'll have to check the wiki to be sure in a bit.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:25 am »

Yup, it's a valkyrie or something.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: December 26, 2013, 01:47:59 pm »

Looks like Elona 1.33 is out now. As usual, I can't make heads or tails of the Google Translated changelog. Somebody's uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmv7mo349ehd7l1/dNWSyZYuXy/elonaplus/elonaplus1.33.zip

All I can gather about the changelog is something about NPCs, ghosts, and wands... the rest is gibberish to me. But, I feel like giving it a try anyway. What's the worst that could happen? :D

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: December 26, 2013, 02:32:28 pm »

Here's the wikia thread about it. Some anonymous person has an interpretation at the 2nd reply, and it makes much more sense.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: December 26, 2013, 08:27:43 pm »

The versions are certainly coming out pretty quick. Guess I will be updating again soon.

On another note, had a really nice artifact find earlier. Thought I'd post it here, as it is pretty close to perfect for my little girl.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: December 26, 2013, 08:36:59 pm »

Wow, nice. Too bad it's metal. Though that's worth using a material kit on, I think. How did you find that?

Nothing I have can compare. Probably my fanciest artifact is a titanium ring with 1 luck, 11 strength, and rotten food digestion on it.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: December 26, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »

Treasure map for that one. And yeah I'm probably going to use my addy kit I got off a quest (Loytars? I forget) on it.

Edit: Nope it was minotaurs quest that dropped the addy kit. Loytar's Nightmare gives the rubynus kit.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:46:26 pm by Patchy »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »

One thing I've noticed, not really a bug but a minor annoyance: Offensive wands don't seem to autotarget anymore like the "Fire" for bows or normal offensive magic. I've found I need to manually target something with "*" before they'll go off. Probably an unintended side effect of making pets use wands, and hopefully they'll have that fixed soon enough.

I've also noticed that the game is content to spawn a <skeleton warrior> in a beginner's dungeon and kick my ass seven ways until sunday. Some things never change. :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:03 am »

So, is there a good use for extra diaries? I thought about changing them into a mysterious diary, but I don't want a fox brother and that seems to be the only thing they are good for. I tried selling it but it doesn't seem to be sellable. Whats a good way to make use of it?

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: January 12, 2014, 02:45:38 pm »

Hm... I'm not sure. Some of them might be good gene engineering material, if nothing else. All I can say is to test that out, since they'll vary by the actual type of diary.

I was gonna hop in and say there's a version 1.33R. I don't know what other changes it has, but it fixes the bug with the rods that I mentioned in my last post, and apparently reverts the 24h cooldown on reviving a pet, which I'm just fine with :P

The dropbox link for that is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmv7mo349ehd7l1/2BV-mS1D56/elonaplus/elonaplus1.33R.zip

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: January 13, 2014, 03:44:08 am »

Huh.... is it possible to wish for a rod of wishing? If you can, and rods of wishing can get 2 charges (can they?), then infinite wishes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: January 13, 2014, 03:49:00 am »

Nope.

...You cannot wish for a small castle, estate, cyber house, rod of wish, or a spellbook of wish. Precious items may only be wished for in wizard mode...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:45 am »

I just beat the boss in the ancient castle, and he is suppose to drop a magic stone. Is it an actual item that you pick up? Because if so, then it didn't drop for me. I also checked the materials list but didn't seen anything.

How do I check which stones I have?
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 291