Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dungeon Game 2  (Read 3805 times)

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Game 2
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 06:50:42 pm »

"Hm."
Aso said, beggining her walk to the Axe and Beard.
She suspected that on the way there she could pick enough pockets to buy herself a drink.
It was just her reputation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »

The group made their way to the tavern, passing through the marketplace. The merchant was sitting on a box, idly chatting with one of the local girls. It looks like it's going to take a while for that payment.

The Axe and Beard looked to be as old as the city itself. It was under a few high rising buildings, so the ceiling was lower than comfortable. Smoke clumped together on the ceiling, and the smell of alcohol heavily permeated the air. A bartender idly washes the bar, giving the four travelers a little more that a small glance. There's a board to the left of the bar with many papers pinned to it. There are a few back rooms closed off by thick curtains for privacy. There are only about ten or so people in the bar room, because it's an off day, and things are quiet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »

Ever the curious one, Shaa'rii walked over to the board, examining them for both work and idle curiosity.

Examine papers pinned to board.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 09:28:11 pm »

Aso walks over to the bartender, and puts down a bag of 10 Gold.
"3 of your finest drinks, and something skeletons like."
As the Bartender scurries away, gleaming, Aso laughs and mutters to herself
"He's gonna regret keeping those..."
Aso then notices Shaa'ri examining a board, and joins in with him to find some work.
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 09:40:26 am »

" I don't drink. " with that Argon turned away, and looked at the papers pinned to the board.

(( How do people react to a creature of the Undead walking in ? ))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 12:16:04 pm »

Come friend, even the deadest of us must celebrate at some times. Unhinge your inner bones and join us for intoxication.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 10:53:05 pm »

Sorry guys, it's Easter, and OH GOD CANDY EVERYWHERE.

Writing now.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 11:31:15 pm »

The bartender returns, awkwardly carrying four drinks. Three of them appear to be wine with a little something extra, but the fourth is a thin liquid, deep blue in color. Dead spiders and incense wands stick out of the depths of the glass. The bartender sets the drinks down in a row near the board.
"Aye, th' four o ya be adventrahs?" the bartender asks, leaning on the bar.

The board is covered with papers stating jobs for shady people wandering through town. A few of them are worded strangely, as if in a code. There are three contracts that seem to stick out to you. The first one is a job as sewer watchmen. The flier doesn't lie about how disgusting the job is, but the pay doesn't look too bad. The second is helping smuggle things in and out of the city. It doesn't look to hard, but the only reward you get is some of the product you carry in or out. The third is helping the local militia train some new fighters because crime rates in the city have soared over the past few months. The job seems like it shouldn't be much of a hassle, and the pay isn't great, but at least you'd be bettering the city.
There is a sign on the board saying to talk to the bartender about any of these jobs.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:57 pm »

Sliver wing picks up the glass of wine with one of his main arms and holds up up to his compound eyes. Briefly splashing it about in the glass before tipping his head back ninety degrees and pouring the liquid down his mouth. He quickly brings up his delicate manipulators to wipe away the liquid that missed his mouth and sticks it down his mouth to clean away the last traces of alcohol. To avoid the shock to his system that such a large amount of alcohol in such a short amount of time would bring, most of the liquid is stored in his diverticulitis for later consumption.

He quickly mutters a small apology about not having any lips before spreading out his abdomen behind him and taking a seat on the chair.

"Yes. We are what you may call adventures my freind. We are looking for work, and were told this might be the place to find some."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:06:31 am by Criptfeind »

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 12:30:28 am »

"Yeh. Were adventurers."
With that, Aso grabbed her wine, sipped it, and turned her head to a small sign that offers a reasonable amount of pay, and seemed easy.
It said that they needed help smuggling thing out of town.
"That's a job for me."
Then, noticing a small drawing, she examined it closer.
It had a small pentagram at the bottom of the page.
Goddammit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 12:42:37 am »

Mmmmm, candy.

Shaa'rii walked over, picking up his glass of wine and sipping it.

"The smuggling job. What sorts of product might be expected?"

"Training recruits. Might there be any chance for making contacts or otherwise acquiring less tangible rewards?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:13 am »

"Hummm... Smuggling you say? I am not sure how comfortable I am with that. It would greatly depend on what and why we were smuggling... Still." At this point Silver wing snaps out his wings and starts beating them, slowly rising in the air. "I think such work, if acceptable, would fall right into my talents."

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 10:26:13 am »

"Says here that its all of some Mages equipment."
Aso said, sipping her wine.
"Hey guys, come look at this."
Aso points at the drawing.
Goddammit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 02:51:24 pm »

Argon stared at the pendant around his neck, and remembered a cloaked figure asking him " Will you serve my disciples ? Will you allow one to become your master, and protect him, and the order ? " he remembered being scared that he wanted to get otu of the darkness surronding him, and would take any way out of it. He looked at the hooded figure, and said " Yes I will serve the Order of your Disciples. " the figure laughed, ad said " Then so it is now do you have any questions before you go ? " one question came to me, and as I stared at him I knew it was true, but needed to make sure " Yes I have one. Are you Death ? " as the words left his lips the figure stood tall, and removed his cloak reveiling a skull with eyesockets filled with fire a terrifying fire it was he answered " Yes few ever realize who I am. Congratulations my servant for that you will become a knight of my order. When in need I will speak to you, and help you along the way. Now it is time to go my friend your master awaits you. " as the sentence faded away you heard the strangest tone in his voice, caring, why would Death care for any you thought, but before you could ask you were ripped from the realm of death, and binded to your pendant. For many years you served your master through war, and peaceful times it was, but not to last it would seem.

His train of thought was interrupted as the man set the glass in front of him, and he looked up, and heard his friends speaking he replied " We should help train them for if we can save a life then our lives have meaning. " with that he continued to stare at the pendant.

(( Sorry about the change in 1st, and 2nd person I think I got all of it fixed ))

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 03:54:07 pm »

Adwarf, you have to get your perspectives straight. You went from third to first to second. It was very confusing. Stick to third, it's much easier to read.

Writing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5