Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 6334 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 06:37:11 pm »

DTA: Year 1 End report.

Hammer: 219598
Brisk: 16851
Neyvn: 38000?
Qloos: No contact

Economic restrictions are now enabled at 50%

There is still room for players to join the game, but they must have a year one and two report done by next check in.

Players are reminded that economic restrictions are based of growth, not total wealth.

Begin Year two

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:05 am »

Economic restrictions are now enabled at 50%
What does this mean again???
I am currently in Sydney with no way to do my next year, so I will be getting it started in the next, 3-4 days...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 06:54:45 am »

Nobody has reported in? o.O

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:26 pm »

I will be in the next two days just have been really busy at work

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »

Nobody has reported in? o.O

I did my year but it is super boring. I think I may have embarked in a place with no enemies. Not a single kobold or goblin yet.

Started a new project. The plan is to flood the floors deeper underground so that farms can be built there. It will require a bit of plumbing to pull off so this will take a while.

12th Slade, 102, Mid-Spring
Well, when it rains it pours. Migrants have arrived. Eighteen of them. Total population is now 30. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of them.

25th Slate, 102, Mid-Spring
Tobul Sigunthimshur, Farmer cancels Harvest Plants: Taken by mood. He claimed a craftsdwarf workshop.

6th Felsite, 102, Late-Spring
Tobul Sigunthimshur, Farmer has created Mondulrerras, "Gravelfissures", a cedar cup. It is valued at 4800* He has become a Legendary woodcrafter. Isn't that special?

12th Felsite, 102, Late Spring
A elven caravan from Eliye Thefama has arrived. This should be "interesting" as I have just ordered all the remaining trees to be felled. We are not really ready for trade. Let's hope they want some alchohol.

Bought
yak cage
donkey cage
some cheap buckets
some cloth
some thread

Sold
7 prepared food pots
25 alcohol pots

1st Hematite, 102, Early Summer
I think I am ready to try flooding a floor. I have to be very careful or I may end up flooding the entire fortress. I instruct everyone to hold on to thier butts.

12th Hematite, 102, Early Summer
I believe I was successful. The room has been flooded. Now I just have to wait for the water to recede.

21st Hematite, 102, Early Summer
Slight snag in my plans. The flooded room now makes the surrounding area count as damp stone. Making it very annoying to dig. I'll have to wait for all the water to evaporate now. Making this project take much longer.

25th Malachite, 102, Mid-Summer
More migrants have arrived. Seven of them. Fortress population is now 37.

27th Malachite, 102, Mid-Summer
Given that I now have many extra hands I've decided to reopen the above ground farms. I've also started planning a wind farm to power a millstone.

16th Galena, 102, Late Summer
A human caravan from Damsobehal has arrived.

Bought
some animals
1 bin of leather
1 iron anvil
11 meat
6 cheese

Sold
3 bins of rock crafts

1st Limestone, 102, Early Autumn
Another season passed. I think we should have enough food and drink for the fotress but won't have much to trade this year.

2nd Limestone, 102, Early Autumn
Rith Godenkan, Miner has been possessed! He claimed a masons workshop.

7th Limestone, 102, Early Autumn
Rigth Godenkan, Miner has created Azuzmot "The Somber Strangeness", a microcline weapon rack! It is worth 2400*

7th Sandstone, 102, Mid-Autumn
Migrants have arrived. Eight of them. Fortress population is now 45.

17th Timber, 102, Late Autumn
The outpost liaison Tulon Aranrigoth from Fashbesmar has arrived. I requested the mountainhome send as many steel bars as possible!

sold
3 barrels of prepared fish
5 bin of stone crafts

bought
some animals
some food
every item made of steel

6th Moonsteone, 102, Early Winter
Kulet Olonakum, Engraver is taken by a fey mood! He claimed a Craftsdwarf workshop.

14th Moonstone, 102, Early Winter
Kulet Olonakum, Engraver has created Laremal Fimshel Zakgol, "Meetingsense the Persuaders of Spiting", a sphalerite toy hammer! It is worth 36000*

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:24:03 pm by Brisk »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 04:30:22 pm »

Remains of journal
.....we were just putting the finnishing touches on are new crafting area when they came....the goblins.
It started when the migrants appeared, we had just let the bridge down for them to come in when a mason running out of the fortress to drop garbage revealed them. They had apparently waited in ambush for us hoping to catch us opening the bridge, and they succeeded. I immediately ordered the closure of the bridge yet 7 of them got past. They quickly cut down are two militia men who attempted to stop them half uniformed as they were. They then procceed to chase us down and cut us down one by one. I attempted to rally the others to hold off the green tide, yet we were doomed to fail as the goblins were between us and the weapons. We fought valiantly yet in the end we died to the man and only were able to kill two.......hopefully others will learn from are greedy ways as if we had worked on defences instead of wealth we would have lived.

Hey guys sorry i had just gotten to summer when they autumn when they had surprised me like that, i was completely unprepared, though to be honest i also had made the mistake of not blocking of the tunnels that were dug searching for magma so had lost 10 dwarves to maurading trolls before i could cut them down, best of wishes to the rest of the forts if you guys want i could build a new fort that has the same things as this one

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 08:26:39 pm »

Your kidding me right.... Sigh saw that happening...

Well I will be getting mine up tonight, been too busy with everything at home...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:17 pm »

Honestly, this is not a game for rookies. IF you cant even fend off a basic goblin ambush, how can you hope to keep going under extreme stress?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 07:14:02 am »

So you know, your overdue Neyvn.

Considering the first game has just collapsed, I will be taking Stronghammers place in this game, as a fortress falling to incompetency in year 2 is just not fair to anyone. 

I will be using the fort I started after the first alliance collapsed, as per the start of year 3

The only problem that this fort is facing is a complete lack of metal. The only ore I have found has been Cobaltite.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:26:40 am by RTiger »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 08:21:27 am »

So you know, your overdue Neyvn.
Yeah I am getting there. Had Family come over so I couldn't get to the last two seasons today, I will get it to ya tomorrow if thats cool...

Plus there was a sudden influx of 21 Migrants in Spring so even near Summers end am I still struggling in trying them to get to their jobs...

Oh yeah, how long did you say your gonna have the wave three restrictions from a Fort dieing last again???
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:56:23 am by Neyvn »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:22 pm »

Hey i wouldn't call me incompetant that is a bit much, i had opened the bridge to let migrants in and an ambush was right there waiting. I appologise that i didn't for see that situation by you need not call me incompetant that is a bit much and bordering rudeness. Anyways best of luck in your future indevores.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 02:47:06 pm »

A fort falling results in everything being blocked from all other forts for the entire game. Having a fort fall so fast is just unacceptable and does not make for a very fun game in the long term.

You had a runaway economy, yet were not ready with anything to defend yourself

In stronghammers case, Bars would be perm banned, so you can forget about any metal industry you might want to set up.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:06:06 pm by RTiger »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 07:07:13 pm »

So are they banned next turn???

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 07:11:56 pm »

hey i have four dwarves left if you want me to continue id be more then happy i had thought that, that would have caused you guys problems. But if you just want to take my place that works too, i had only lost because i opened the door and didn't realise they were there cause they was invisible, and not revealed yet. And i did have a small force they had just been off duty at the time and hadn't been wereing their armour. But again you are clearly the more experienced and better dwarf fortress player then i so you decide what should be done, it matters not to me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 08:14:27 pm »

Gah, you gotta be kidding me...
The file saved bad or something I can't load it. I thought this bug was fixed or I just don't have any luck...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5