Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 6342 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »

Again, your behavior restriction is a broad command and not a restriction.
The Behaviour is a Restriction, you can't build or have any Dwarves underground...
Your essentially telling everyone to just evacuate the fort, denying access to farms and stockpiles, which is a gamebreaker. I won't allow it.
And thus forcing them to build and live above ground only...

I am thinking of some other things at the moment...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »

ooooooh could i change to no using lava instead of no building wells?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:40 pm »

ooooooh could i change to no using lava instead of no building wells?
LoL I just thought of that myself....
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:06 pm »

lol it would be awesome, and you are able to survive with out it

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:37 pm »

Getting close Nevyn, but Stronghammer already picked bins, barrels, and axes. You need to choose something else.

And not using magma forges is a valid restriction.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 11:01:29 pm »

Getting close Nevyn, but Stronghammer already picked bins, barrels, and axes. You need to choose something else.

And not using magma forges is a valid restriction.
Fine then there it is...

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 11:58:44 pm »

So that makes three players. We will wait for two more days to see if two more join in. I am only going to oversee this time.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 02:44:27 pm »

Wood
Weapons

Shields
Silk Ropes
Grates
Microcline
Turtles
Plump Helmets
Sewer Brew

Behaviour: No item may be forbidden, ever.  Change your standing "O"rders to match this.

Stone restriction means no mining can be done.
What about mining that produces ore and gems?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

No forbidden items? That seems unusual. Oh well, I got no problems with it.

Welcome back Qloos

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 07:55:57 pm »

So??? Do we start???

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:39 pm »

Alright Everybody. The second Trade alliance game has started. The deadline is this exact time next week. Good luck to everyone.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »

YEAR 1
The Grand Mine Bosses journal
Bruenor

Year 1 Granite
We have arrived at the new location that is to be the greatest of all are mines “Daseleshtan” Heavenssmith
Upon arriving i set the miners to delving us secure lodgings in the lowest part of the mountain i could with access to the river literaly two feet away.
While the miners dug i ensured that the carpenter “collected” us suffiecient logs for everyones beds and for are bins for future goods. Upon digging we were greated by viens of coal.... I have a feeling that this mine site is perfect indeed. I spoke to soon the site is even better we have located iron ore praise the miners. Mean while i went and decided to build a bridge across are river after i will be building hives for the farmers as they wont stop pestering me for some.
Wow it is the first of Slate already, work has progressed on the fortress very well, the entrance is dug, the depot is up, the farms are built and food is being stockpiled. I have told the miners to dig us some rooms and for the carpenter to build us some beds i can’t wait to get under ground.

17th slate
The bedrooms are all finnished and work on the local merchants office is under way. A large breeding room for the dogs has been built as well, as they will be are guardians and .....*cough*are meals.

3rd felsite
The merchants office is complete and upon completion he locked himself into the room and is madly taking inventory of are meager stock. The bees hives have also been constructed, it will bee nice to hear their buzzing and to enjoy the lovely mead they provide.

3rd Hemitite
The fort breeding room is almost complete, it would have been done sooner yet the miners insist on taking week long breaks....i will discuss this with them soon however i have ordered the construction of the workshops as we will be in need of trade goods soon. I have also begun to make us stone pots as we now are needing to stock are surplus.

14th Hemitite
Finally the breeding room has been finished with the dogs being dragged there as i write. Next the miners will be starting on the work shops. As i was over seeing construction one of my craftsmen came to me to suggest that we join a trade alliance with a few other forts. He says that it will bring us great profit and make are lives easier, i will definetely sign up when the caravan gets here.

27th Hematite
Tis a grand day 6 new able hands have arrived to be put into the great machine of are mines and industry. I went and personally greeted them and enquired as to waht their proffessions are. The replied with the following 3 peaseants, a presser, a fish dissector, and a bone carver. So a bunch of new craftsmen and furnace workers i replied. They began to question so i left to return back to my, why every would the mountain homes send so many useless dwarves. Well beggers can’t be choosers.

24th Malachite
Alot of work has been done since the last time i had written. The crafts shops are all up, we have iron production up and are currently forging serrated iron blades for traps. The bed rooms are almost finished. We have had to start construction of a second store house for the food we are, producing so much. We are valued at 20105 wich thankfully is starting to rapidly grow. I am worried that if we join this alliance thier will be a restriction on are growth so we must monitor and produce in advance.

1st Limestone
Autumn has arrived hopefully we will see the caravan soon as we are all eagerly awaiting it so that we may sign up to one of these alliances. Are wealth is now 30891 which i feel is good. Bedrooms have been supplied to all are people, now we just need more. The dinning room is almost finished construction. While digging the tunnel which will be the opening to the tunnels leading to the lava below, we stubbled on more coal and even magnetite we are truely blessed. We work as fast as we can riches here we come.

17th Limestone
Praise be Armok we have flux, we can make are own steel. However we have dug for many days and deeper then i have ever gone and still seen no lava, it seems that we will be limited to coal, and the production of are stone crafts.

5th Sandstone
“Migrants” the shout was heard from the entrance of the mines. I ran as fast as i could thinking to see a great crowd, when i arrived i saw three...you must be the messengers, i thought.They were in fact the migrants.....”workshops now”i then whnet back to the mines to direct the mining efforts not caring about the three.

12th Timber
Finally! The caravan has finally arrived at are fortress they quickly hurried to our gate to begin trading. Once inside i requested to sign up to one of these allainces, he chuckled as he held out the papers, which i quickly signed so that i could begin trading. Trading went well as we bought ALL of thier food and probably wont need any for years to come, we had a splended deal and i generously greased his palm to send any migrants my way and to return with a larger caravan next year. It is official we are part of the alliance and am to send a yearly report.

1st Moonstone
Winter has hit though i am confident that we will live through it in the lap of luxury with all the imported food and booze. I have decided that i will just send this log of founding that i have been writing as the yearly report for the alliance to make my job easier.

17th Moonstone
The merchants have left and ridden off into the distance unharmed or hassled. I eagerly await the many new migrants we can now expect to see soon. The store houses are filled to bursting so i have designed the mines to, as they empty of stone and metal serve as are new store houses.

1st Obsidian
As the end of the year approaches i look back at how far we have come up till now. We went from 7 to 16, homeless to wealthy, hungery to over fed. I look at all we have done and think that we have come so far...lets see how far we can get.

End of year report
Created wealth 219598
Merchant 1 left unharmed
Imported wealth 15094
Exported wealth 29020
Mandates 0

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 05:03:19 pm »

I had an idea.

What about instead of using total wealth as a yardstick we use imported/exported wealth? The whole idea is to trade, after all.

For example, Stronghammer last year did 15094 imported, 29020 exported. We could score by raw in/out value and ratio. So, 15094/29020=0.520 (lower is better. a positive number would indicate a trade deficit)

What do you think?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 07:08:35 pm »

Economic is based on growth, not total wealth. It's not how much you trade, but how much you can provide to trade.

Import/export wealth is not entirely in your control
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:15:35 pm by RTiger »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »

Quick question, How do people get so much Wealth so god damn fast???
I never get anything that high so damn quickly. And I have Dwarves working 24/7. Do you check the area out preemptivly and look for magma and start smithing like crazy or something???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5