Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 6332 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance V2 (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 12:00:57 am »

lol that is all from stone crafts, and 10 serrated iron disks, i dont have magma its to far down.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:17 am »

200,000+ In Fortress Wealth from a ton of crafts and Iron Discs???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 12:23:40 am »

Lol yup most of my pop is craftsmen and most of them are starting to turn out masterwork every other piece so ya lol. Just wait till i start encrusting and cutting gems.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

That's a lot of stonecrafts  :o

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:26 am »

Gee, is anyone else even reaching that mark that Stronghammer even set. I mean, I am nearly done my first year and I MIGHT hit 30k. But then again I am doing large digging projects...

Stronghammer mate, you might need to hold back on your workings next year else we are all gonna be damaged big time from your huge one year boom. Are you camped on Obsidian stone or something...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 07:51:28 am »

No im on if i remember chert dolomite and marble, but no worries ill build a temple or something next year to slow down my growth.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 07:54:44 am »

Gah thats annoying, my bookkeeper finished doing the paperwork mid winter so I put him back onto mining thinking that it shouldn't go over the limit and show up as an approx. I did...

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 09:39:25 am »

lol ive done that so many times, i usually just leave the book keeper as a hauler

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:16 am »

I would not worry about it Neyvn. Year 1 is a freebie, and its not you that gets hit for having a weaker fort.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »

Spring - 1st of Granite 251...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We finally arrived at the site, Furnaceteacher. After pressing through a Bamboo Jungle and reaching the base of the mountain we found it amazing that there remained such lush grassland around the brook that wove its way around the rising landscape. A small Knoll broke away from the mountain by the brook bellow, A perfect location to call base camp. It was near the centre of their allocated site and it gave a good reach to the Farmland to the east while giving them enough space to begin work. This is an excellent area to begin their new life...

The Seven Dwarves, were all trained in a different manner of things; Mining, Hunting Weaponsmithing and Farming. But two were there for working the books, one to keep a tally on the work at hand while the other to control the coin that would pass hands with the Humans and the Dwarves that pass through the area. But the Elves. Already they were at war, perhaps it was due to their attempts to get through the Bamboo by cutting it down, the axes long lost in the dense undergrowth many moons back, or maybe these Elves did not appreciate anyone looking to live nearby them. Regardless...

Reduced to Smiting their equipment from the Copper nuggets and Cassiterite they had brought with them, a Smithy and Forge were set up on the Knoll, a Craftsworkshop, Leatherworks and Butcher/Tanner nearby where soon some bolts, armour and nest boxes for the birds and a place for the kills that the hunter brought back. Soon things will begin to move forward again...

Shortly after a few weeks there was Picks and Axes to begin construction of the Fort over the brook, a slim bridge was built across the divide, a few simple Armour Equipment were made to accommodate the first Migrants that were expected, who will be drafted to a Unit for our Protection. The miners dug out a large entrance its halls falling 3z deep and open with 10 Pillars to hold up the roof. The construction of our Home will begin after the start of Summer.

Spring came to an end quite quickly, and while out Book keeper has been too busy on aiding with the mining of our Fort to set up his office, the broker says we haven’t gotten far anyway. Perhaps during summer the stonecrafter could get some simple trade goods prepeared...

Summer - 1st of Hematite 251...

The miners began their work, digging out the Barracks, a large space under the Entrance Hall with a ringed hallway around it, perhaps something could be built to keep our foes trapped in an endless ever changing Maze some day. Under that the plans for a large Farmland were placed where both Mushroom trees and our Farms would be prepared later. The plan to bring the water down required the method of making the area around the last floor of the Entrance hall into a Aqueduct, perhaps later it could be refitted to have windows to look into the water as it passed...

On the 24th of Hematite the first Migrants arrived at the fort. We hope there is many hands and useful skills being brought to us. 4 New hands arrived.

A simple wall was begun around the Outdoor farms, the New Milita Commander had begun his training. Though he is being annoying in his constant workings. Regardless he does use his Target while he is assigned training...

Summer ends quickly again. Time travels too fast. Autumn should be the times we begin working on the Fort truely. Appartments, Workshops and Offices. But I feel that we will just be digging out these large plans. Deport was built on the ground floor in the middle of the Entrance Hall, but we doubt we will be selling alot of things straight away. I wonder though, why do so many forts produce so much so quickly. Do they feel that their existence is only limited...

Autumn, 1st of Limestone 251...

We will be starting our fort this season. Honey Bees were finally noticed buzzing in the area, we collected their hive and installed it in our own ready to begin the raising of these wonderful insects.

13th of Sandstone :Migrants appered on the hills, 3 Dwarves made the trip this time, 2 will be drafted while the others will begin their new careers in their new home...

On the 19th of Timber, the first Traders arrived at the Fort. Let us see what we can get from them...
We traded 4440 of goods. Selling mainly stone crafts, toys, stoneware and some Iron Shortswords that was made a few months back...
We bought 4 units of clay, a Female Duck, some spare seeds, all their food and their leather for 657 all up. They didn’t have anything of worth really...

Winter 1st of Moonstone 251

Annoyingly it seems that our Trader took his time to talk to their Diplomat, finally were ordered a large amount of Leather, Flux stone and Coal, some extra charcoal/coke/lye and such and finally all kinds of Clay. I feel that this will be a good start for our trades...

The Excevation of the Farmland/Barracks and the Aqueduct has taken up nearly all our time, we don't even have a bed to sleep in set up anywhere, there are many sore backs but we are dwarves we live in the stone therefore we are hard already. At least that is the general thought to keep us all happy. We have plenty of Booze and Food while not in the excess because that would drive us to the point of wasted labour, we need to be using our goods wisely and our time to do the most we can...

Spring, 1st of Granite 252

End of year report
Created wealth Approx 38000, the Bookkeeper neglected his books during the last month of Winter and we lost track of our stocks.
Merchant 1 left unharmed, Diplomat seems to be happy.
Imported wealth 657
Exported wealth 4440
Mandates 0

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 01:04:48 am »

Qloos and Brisk still need to report.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:01 pm »

sorry for the late entry

1st Granite, 101, Early Spring
We have arrived at Oceanwork. We will build a fishing village on the shores of this inland sea. The climate is warm. The sea and land are bountiful. I think we will make a good life here.

9th Slate, 101, Mid-Spring
The wagon is unloaded and deconstructed! We are settleing into our new home nicely.

1st Felsite, 101, Late-Spring
I've been told the miners have struck Limonite. That bodes well. I've ordered them to dig deep and prepare a forge area. We have no anvil but should be able to buy one from the caravan.

1st Hematite, 101, Early Summer
Summer has arrived! Everyone is still working at full speed. My one regret is I didn't bring someone trained in carpentry. Training on the job is slowing some production.

3rd Malachite, 101, Mid-Summer
Farming is in full swing. Migrants have arrived! Three of them.

1st Limestone, 101, Early Autumn
Everything is still humming along. Begining preparations for the caravan.

10th Sandstone, 101, Mid-Autumn
Migrants have arrived. Two of them.

11th Timber, 101, Late Autumn
Caravan has arrived!
"Sand? You want...sand?" our outpost liason asked incredulously. I nodding vigoursly.
"Yes! As much as you can carry!" I said with a beaming smile.
He just shook his head and made a note on the parchment. He must think me mad. No, matter. I didn't give a crab about the sand. I live on a beach! No, what I wanted was the bags the sand come in. I could use those bags.

Traded with the caravan.

sold
12 barrels of prepared fish
22 barrels of alchohol
2 bins of stone crafts

bought
some cages
two chickens
1 copper war hammer
some bags of seeds
2 bins of cloth
1 iron anvil
some cheap meat. I don't really need it but will give it to cook for training
some cheese
some splints and crutches

1st Moonstone, 101, Early Winter
Fortress is running fine.

1st Granite, 102, Early Spring
Our first year is under our belt!

End of year thoughts
Due to mismanagement growth was very slow. I've decided to reorganize everything. I'll be taking a hard look at who has what labors and what jobs need priority. I know for sure I am going to let the above-ground farms lie fallow. Until we get more hands to take care of it.
Some of the lads are grumbling about the lack of rooms. Right now we have one common room that is a communal sleeping and dining area. I understand how they feel. Next year we will get to work on some bedrooms.
I feel vulnerable to attack. There is only a single wall and drawbridge protecting the entrance. Any fliers will find that no obstacle. We also have no military. Worrisome. Hopefully, things will improve.
I ordered some wood to be burned into coal. Next year we should have some glassworks.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

Good to see that im not the only fort with a rapid growth economy

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

You are the only fort with a rapid growth economy.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 06:08:38 pm »

lol opps mis read his number ya i suppose i am
my dwarves are definetely all going on vacation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5