Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You have located Gotustru, "Necrodead", a lair  (Read 1488 times)

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
"You have located Gotustru, "Necrodead", a lair
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:07 pm »

I found this thing on the surface right after I embarked with an N with the ~ thing above it as a creature inside. It is called Mesm Peraditke, Consort of the Shadow Horror

Am I gonna be dead soon? What is it? Is is like a boss monster?
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "You have located Gotustru, "Necrodead", a lair
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

It's a Night Creature Consort, a creature that was kidnapped by a Night Creature, a randomly-generated creature, forced to be the beast's lover and twisted into an unnatural form not unlike the Shadow Horror itself.

Anyway, these things are usually encountered in adventure mode since they don't normally appear in fortresses unless you embark on top of one. It'll be roughly as tough as a semimegabeast, like a minotaur, ettin, or giant. As they're randomly-generated, however, their threat level can vary wildly. Still, a couple of decent soldiers should be able to take it out; if it comes for you, just mob it and you should be mostly alright.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:20:54 pm »

Well it seems to be boxed in by a river, so I should be good. Does it give anything good if I kill it?
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »

Well it seems to be boxed in by a river, so I should be good. Does it give anything good if I kill it?
I don't think you can eat night creatures... Yeah, checking the raws of my fort's night creatures (with dfworldtinker), I can see that they have CAN_SPEAK, meaning you can't eat them, butcher them, or do much else with their corpses.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »

I don't think you can eat night creatures... Yeah, checking the raws of my fort's night creatures (with dfworldtinker), I can see that they have CAN_SPEAK, meaning you can't eat them, butcher them, or do much else with their corpses.

Unless you're an elf!

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

SO all that I can really do is kill it before it tries to kill my dwarves.

hmm...

I'm not going to take your word about it being weak. I know what happened to DragonWork. Never forget those who died there.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:52:47 pm »

LOL.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 07:53:32 pm »

Its lair should have a door or hatch on the entrance, so forbid it and (IIRC) problem solved.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!