Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Important Leaders?  (Read 1117 times)

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
No Important Leaders?
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »

So, I just now realized that my civ screen shows my current Dwarven civilization as having no important leaders. Searching around, this seems to be cause most often by the civ being wiped out and my dwarves either being the last survivors or just made out of thin air. The thing is though, when I checked legends and checked the current year map, my civ seemed to have a sizable chunk of land. Is it still possible that they were all wiped out? Or did my King/Queen just die recently and I started my embark before a new one rose to power?

I love the added difficulty it could bring of having just a few dwarves surviving in an arctic wasteland on their own, but at the same time, I would really like to be able to elect barons and eventually have a king and such. Is it still possible to do this, or am I stuck without those features? There are other Dwarven civs, maybe I'll get lucky and be able to trade with one, but would I still be able to get the question for electing a baron?

I'm just wondering if anyone has some more experience with this. It's just upsetting that I chose a great embark site, spent a bit of time working on my fort, only to realize that I can't get some later features because I chose the wrong civ. Right now it's summer, so I guess I'll continue playing till the fall and see if a Dwarven caravan shows up.

Edit: Looking at the historical map again, my civ does have a big chunk of land, but it seems to be shared or contested with a couple other civs. Also, the last event listed for my civ, besides the creation of my embark, was an ogre or something similar becoming an enemy in 469, almost 600 years ago. I guess maybe my civ is completely wiped out.

Double Edit: Just now got a small migrant wave of 4, each with pets. I think that if my civ was wiped out I'll get one more, and that's it, correct? Time to press on!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:22:44 pm by ZaDoktor »

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Important Leaders?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 08:05:31 pm »

You must re-create your civilisation from its ashes. Let the other kingdoms know that [insert civilisation name here] has not completely perished!
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:13:11 pm »

You must re-create your civilisation from its ashes. Let the other kingdoms know that [insert civilisation name here] has not completely perished!

Yes, the Arch of Enchanting, after hundreds of years of nomadic wandering have finally settled here, in the arctic wilderness on the other side of the world. Battlefurnace shall be the new home to these dwarves, and they shall not let themselves disappear from history!

But the question still remains, will one of my dwarves ever ascend into Kinghood? I've received another migrant wave. Now, these 14 dwarves may be the only ones that arrived from the outside world. May Armok be merciful.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:18:08 pm by ZaDoktor »

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:27:36 pm »

Oh happy day! An outpost liason has arrived, along with a caravan! Perhaps my land may not have a king, but at least it still continues to thrive!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »

If the civ you selected is wiped out, but other dwarven civs remain, you still get a "liaison from the mountainhomes".
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 01:20:27 am »

I have the same "no important leaders" statement, and so far I got my baron just fine, I don't know if I'll get king, but honestly I never have anyway, so hope for the best :)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?