Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I must have magma!  (Read 331 times)

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
I must have magma!
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »

Hello fellow sadists monsters overseers,
Magma is fun and !!FUN!!. On the topic starting a fire and burning huge swaths of ground for little or no reasons fun, will invaders/nobles/migrants be set ablaze by the raging inferno that is a grass fire? If so, will the grass regrow quickly enough and does grass density have any effects? If not (to first), are there any viable fuels for this purpose (aside from lignite/coal).

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I must have magma!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:39:23 pm »

Flaming objects, including grass, damages other objects and creatures in the same tile and can set them alight. Things in adjacent tiles can also be set alight, though not quite as easily.

Grass doesn't regrow quickly enough for wildfires to be a suitable means of defense. Grass density probably affects how long it takes for a grass tile to stop burning.

Wood, charcoal, coke, and most things that you'd expect to be flammable are flammable. Wood burns out faster than furnace fuels do, but a wooden bridge or road is probably also a suitable fire-trap for short-term use.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!