Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 11 year old kid with a possesion mood using something unusual for his artifact.  (Read 1594 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He got possesed kicked the stonecrafter from his workshop.
Then went for some bones at the butcher's workshop...

And then i lost him so i decided to wait at the workshop for him and... lo and behold the kid is hauling a rotting goblin body.
A WHOLE BODY.

I was quite sure moods never used entire corpses as regents for the artifacts.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He sees dead people goblins.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile

Sounds to me like the kid is playing dress-up... dwarf style.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He is now asking for thread cut gems and stone.
He wants some special stone i cannot get so whatever he was building goes with him.
Oh well.
Self promotion below.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, change a reaction you aren't using right now to make it. It's easy enough.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile

Sounds to me like the kid is playing dress-up... dwarf style.

I'm a bloody corpse
In a dwarfy woooorld.
Made into salsa
It's divertida (????)
You can burn my hair
Unarm me anywhere
Magmafication, that is your creation.

^Bored enough to look up the lyrics and attempt to rhyme. Unarm, of course, means amputation. Ehh someone call the magma.

My moody brat took my freakin' gems from me and made a mug. But that corpse sounds interesting.

EDIT: Aww, great now that kid won't be useful. Well if he don't finish I would suggest a healthy dose of magma injection. Just for kicks.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:12:10 pm by TheeBaconman »
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Funburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the interest of Science, you should really do what Nidokoenig suggested before the dwarf goes crazy. It would be worth having information on this oddity.

Did you modify tissue raws, perhaps? Still seems strange. Maybe he'll just use goblin bones from it, but to be sure, you ought to check.

Assuming it's still possible...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the interest of Science, you should really do what Nidokoenig suggested before the dwarf goes crazy. It would be worth having information on this oddity.

Did you modify tissue raws, perhaps? Still seems strange. Maybe he'll just use goblin bones from it, but to be sure, you ought to check.

Assuming it's still possible...

Sadly he already went bananas.
And no i did not modify any raws.
I'm guessing he would just butcher the body on the spot like dorfs do during a fell mood.

Even better: several dorfs got killed in a goblin ambush and the whole fort tantrumed to hell.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:25:57 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile

Five Dwarfbucks says the ambush was goblins rushing to the fort to see their buddy in his new duds and went on a rampage when they learned they couldn't get their hands on the latest in goblin fashion.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Five Dwarfbucks says the ambush was goblins rushing to the fort to see their buddy in his new duds and went on a rampage when they learned they couldn't get their hands on the latest in goblin fashion.
Grog, me going to the midget house.  Me heard that Mogbarg got new treads, and looks shiny now!

Arr. My brothers and I go with you!

... a few hours later, at Sonlirain's fortress ...

What?!  Mogbarg not all shiny, Mogbarg dead?!  Die, midget phlem! Die! Goblins go on a killing spree ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A goblin's corpse and thread? Sounds like he was going to put on the most dwarven puppet show ever devised.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A goblin's corpse and thread? Sounds like he was going to put on the most dwarven puppet show ever devised.
So the special stone is actually magma?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile

I've seen dwarves carry around the sprites for a dead goblin, but when I check their inventory it says "(name)'s bones x8" or something, so I'm wondering if that's actually what you saw.

ullrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He is now asking for thread cut gems and stone.
He wants some special stone i cannot get so whatever he was building goes with him.
Oh well.

Does it actully say special stone, or a specific stone, I don't think thats possible.

It was probably the thread, when it says thread or cloth it will refer to a specific type of thread or cloth I find without telling you, so you need to have all of silk, wool, and plant cloth/thread be avaialbe to not get berserk dwarves.
Ullrich cancels Work: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Dwarf Fortress: Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.