Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 713

Author Topic: What Would Urist Do?  (Read 673606 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Urist Do?
« Reply #5655 on: February 17, 2014, 01:45:45 am »

"Urist McMarksdwarf cancels Nuke Dem Fukken Gobbos: Ammunition Mismatch."
"Thief! protect the hoard from Skulking Filth!"
"A Nuclear Warhead has been stolen!"

WWUD if he and a squad of elite dwarves had to recover a nuclear device from a Kobold Cave?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: February 17, 2014, 08:50:19 am »

Play it out like a James Bond film, but manlier. A lot manlier.

WWUD if a fellow with a pointy hat, big walking-staff, and long grey cloak asked him to come on an adventure?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:37 am »

Play it out like a James Bond film, but manlier. A lot manlier.

WWUD if a fellow with a pointy hat, big walking-staff, and long grey cloak asked him to come on an adventure?
Urist McDwarf has grown to become Thorin Oakenshield. <insert music from the hobbit here>

He would then cause a chain reaction, with twelve other dwarves and one gnome who  has a magical ring, that would create a human Hero.

WWUD if a human archer stole his kill?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:27 am »

Attack the archer, but then be immediately killed by a shot to the head.

WWUD if he saw said dwarf being shot?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:37 am »

Say "lawl lern tu dawdge newb why yu no use shields scrubs go ply minceraft".
This would immediately cause the message *A dwarven corpse has risen!* to appear.
Followed by *xXxProUberrist69xXx has been struck down.*

WWUD if everyone in his fort except him started speaking in leet?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: February 17, 2014, 10:47:21 am »

Urist McInternet has been stricken by melancholy!

Urist McInternet has starved.

WWUD if a "spacetime anomaly" caused him to be the only dwarf at embark?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:50 am »

"Oh boy, now's my chance to prove I'm the best dwarf there ever w-- OH GOD DAMMIT NOT THE ANVIL FUKKEN KEAS AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH...."

WWUD if a tornado passed over a carp infested river to create a 'carpnado', and then began to head towards his fort?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: February 17, 2014, 11:55:29 am »

Close the gate, reducing casualties to mere dozens.

WWUD if there was a dead butterfly in the stockpile he was supposed to haul a statue to?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: February 17, 2014, 02:20:25 pm »

Vomit, gag, and throw a tantrum because of miasma. The tantrum causes Urist McDead to be hit in the head with a table, and the miasma from his body causes more gagging, vomiting, and tantrums leading to other people being hit in the head with tables, causing an auxiliary tantrum spiral aside from the tantrum spiral caused by McDead's demise.

WWUD if he noticed adamantine straight under a layer of semi-transparent, semi-molten rock?

blazing glory

« Reply #5664 on: February 18, 2014, 01:11:53 am »

Vomit, gag, and throw a tantrum because of miasma. The tantrum causes Urist McDead to be hit in the head with a table, and the miasma from his body causes more gagging, vomiting, and tantrums leading to other people being hit in the head with tables, causing an auxiliary tantrum spiral aside from the tantrum spiral caused by McDead's demise.

WWUD if he noticed adamantine straight under a layer of semi-transparent, semi-molten rock?

Mine the rock,get flooded with lava,touch the adamantine with a smile on his face.It is said that dwarves that die while touching adamantine get a special place in armoks court,where there are no overseers swearing at him for being stupid and dying

WWUD if he saw armok?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:38 am »

Die from bleeding as his eyes burn from the glorious-ness of Armok.

WWUD if he gained necromancy powers?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: February 18, 2014, 08:41:04 am »

Die from bleeding as his eyes burn from the glorious-ness of Armok.

WWUD if he gained necromancy powers?
Raise the refuse pile, get his fortress slaughtered, retire to a tower and write dozens of books about books.

WWUD if the DF2014 personality rewrites were applied to him?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:43:24 am by HmH »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: February 18, 2014, 09:40:56 am »

Get locked up by the overseer for cognitive examination. The world is later obliterated when an attempt to check his flags in DFHack fails in the most spectacular way possible.

WWUD if his embark party was sent 800,000 years into the future?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: February 18, 2014, 11:06:14 am »

Be stepped on for being flat, as in 800,000 years, Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress is a fully functioning, three-dimensional-hyper-realistic-graphics high fantasy medieval life simulator to keep alive the memories of medieval times for the extrasolar-planet-dwelling humans of the future.

WWUD if a room was a statue garden, sculpture garden, dining room, and memorial hall all at the same time, and four parties started, each of which he was invited to?

blazing glory

« Reply #5669 on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »

Urist would attend all the parties.Party 1 starts at day 1 and ends at day 60 party 2 starts at day 60 and ends at day 120,party 3 starts at day 120 and ends at day 200,party 4 is canceled because everyone is dead

What would overseer do if urist was attending 4 parties?,each one starting after the last one ends
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 713