Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 713

Author Topic: What Would Urist Do?  (Read 673486 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Urist Do?
« Reply #5865 on: May 08, 2014, 07:19:22 pm »

AND MY AXE!

Urist McGimli has been struck down.

WWUD if he made a masterwork gold corkscrew?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: May 09, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

Take it to the depot to be sold to humans, then get mad because he sold his artifact, go berserk and kill everyone.
WWUD if a stark raving mad giant kea begun stealing anvils?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: May 09, 2014, 09:16:45 pm »

Spam job cancellations because the kea kept stealing the Anvils

WWUD if the elves humans and goblins began to worship armok?
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: May 10, 2014, 07:29:28 am »

Form an alliance and teach the elves the Ways of the Forge, gradually drawing them away from their hippie tree-hugging views.

A few years later, an elf becomes such a dwarf he goes berserk and kills all civ leaders with a steel axe.

WWUD if he was a civ leader with a berserk elf on the loose?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: May 10, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

Turn into a vampire/necromancer/changeling, wall himself inside the throne room, and -- Oh wait, Urist is a vampire/necromancer/changeling now and this is an elf we're dealing with. Urist bitch slaps that hippy unconscious with a lay pewter scepter, drains the elf of blood, and raises it as zombie.

It is the 313th year of the Age of Myth. The elves of the world have already overpopulated, numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Disgusted with the tree-killing ways of the mortal races, a union of druids have called for a Great Tree Jihad, launching a war of genocide against the mortal world. Initial fighting lasted over ten years and saw the mortal world lose more than half its population due to unbalanced world-gen warfare calculations. People are horrified at the atrocities commited in the name of nature. Eleven years have passed since the beginning of the First Great Tree Jihad. They are at a stalemate.
What Does Urist Do?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: May 10, 2014, 06:38:46 pm »

Do to a mining accident Urist became trapped in the 3rd layer of caverns, alone with his steel axe. He hasn't seen the sun, or any other civilized creature in over a decade. His axe has spilled the blood of many kind of creatures, from troglodites and gremlins to giant cave spiders, cave dragons and even forgotten beasts. Urist has been hardened by all this time alone meditating with his axe.
Always looking for an exit from this place.

One day Urist hears a familiar sound, it's a drawbridge. Running towards the source of the sound he finds a fortified access, most likely to a dwarven fortress. The bridge is down, the way is clear. Urist doesn't know these dwarves, or even if they are dwarves, but it doesn't matter, he has wandered too long in the underworld. He's taking the chance.

He rushes inside. Not a soul in sight. He goes up the long staircase. Many steps, many levels. Urist feels the change in athomspheric pressure, he knows he's near the surface. The staircase ends in a narrow hallway, from the other side he hears some laughter, but it's not dwarven laughter. Hiding himself in the shadows he slowly advances through the hallway, seeing light from the other side. Something is wrong. Elves. There are elves sitting and drinking in a large dining hall. Urist knows this place was built by and for dwarves, elves have no place here.

One of the elves rises a finely crafted silver mug filled with dwarven wine, and before he even notices his arm is chopped off. The remaining elves jump from their seats preparing their bows, however they are surronded by darkness now, the torches have been put out. Unable to hear anything due to the noise of the screaming elf they don't notice the steps of Urist charging on them with the speed of a cave-in and the rage of a magma flood. Soon the elves are cut to shreds, the armless one being the only one still alive.

Urist learns from the elf of the Great Tree Jihad, of how the mortal races succumbed to the sheer masses of elves and their war animals. How castles and fortresses were now occupied by elves, wallong in riches they could have never produced by themselves. And the most  horrifying of all, no trees have been cut down for years in the entire world. This last fact fill Urist with such rage he threw the mangled elf, slamming him against a wall and causing him to explode from the force of the impact.

Many elves had taken residence in that fortress, but after Urist walked out of its gates into the above world, it was empty of life and full of severed limbs. It is 313th of tha Age of Myth. Urist is sure that there are still dwarves fighting the elves, and maybe humans. Guided by a map he found on the elven barracks inside the fort he makes his way to Olomsesh, the nearest dwarven settlement. They are surprised of a dwarf coming from that direction. He tells his story and shows the recoverd map as proof that he did kill that many elves. The king congratulates him for his deeds and names him General of his armies.

It is now 315th of the Age of Myth. The armies commanded by Urist and lead into battle after his axe have pushed into the elven capitol. The High Druid shakes in fear. Humans and dwarves have banded together in were advancing by day. In the 5th of Malachite the gates of the elven palace fall. A steel axe is the first thing that comes through. The High Druid is in his trone room, sitting in his living wood throne, waiting. Urist runs into the room, his axe covered in elven blood and his eyes glowing like deep furnaces.
-I know your weakness- says the druid calmly, as he produces a single pig tail sock from his pocket and rises it above is head. After this, retaining a serene expression he throws the sock out of the window.
Urist shakes from his toes to the point of his beard. A SOCK!!!!! He has to recover it.

He runs to the window. The elven city is on fire, the druid is going to burn to death anyway, screw him. He jumps down the window into the rubble outside. The place is full of smoke, however Urist had long ago learned to guide himself and find things without using hi eyes. He smells something. Even though the place is full of smoke from the burning wood he can detect the scent of burning pig tail fiber. The !!sock!! is near. Following his nose the finds it. There's not much left of it, but its still a sock. Then Urist notices another smell, like dwarven flesh burning. Oh, Urist is on fire!

Through the cracks from the burning wood he hears a loud laughter and a flap of wings. The druid was escaping in a giant kea. Urist had to think quick, specially since he was burning. He threw his axe into the air, not aiming at the bird, just propelling it slightly above the smoke. The kea saw. A shiny object down there. Disobeying the elf command the giant kea flew down to where the axe fell and landed. The druid was furious and scared.

The druid heard a thundering voice from behind him -For the socks!- before getting his skull caved in with a !!pig tail fiber sock!!

Wow, that was long

blazing glory

« Reply #5871 on: May 10, 2014, 07:06:46 pm »

WWUD if someone made a overly long forum post?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: May 10, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »

Cry dwarfly tears at a masterpiece post.

WWUD if he was recruited to fight alongside an amphibian man swordsmaster, a human-sized steel colossus, and five humans to prevent a ten thousand year old monster brought in by a modder who does not understand game balance from bringing about the Age of Death?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: May 10, 2014, 10:07:30 pm »

Urtist McWorldSavior raises his !!Kobold Fur Sock!! and throwing it to the face of the modder.
The modder has been struck down.
The modded abomination has bugged to death.

WWUD if kobolds riding giant keas stole his embarking wagon before the embark?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: May 11, 2014, 02:35:14 pm »

(Wagons deconstruct if the move during gameplay. Look up wagonmancers on this forum, do it now.)
Wagon has collapsed.
Urist McPioneer has been crushed under debris.

WWUD if Virginia starts acting Dimicky because he is no real Super Sand?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:56 pm »

Kill Virginia because he/she was being highly obnoxious. Urist is still not made of sand.

Wwud if he was out of time and the world was ending?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: May 11, 2014, 08:24:07 pm »

Urist McDoomsdayer has gone berserk!

The Street Preacher Urist McDoomsdayer charges at the kitten!  The kitten is surprised at the ferocity of the Street Preacher's attack!  The kitten dodges!  The kitten strikes the Street Preacher Urist McDoomsdayer with its vicious purr, bruising the Street Preacher's will to live!

Urist McDoomsdayer has been struck down.

WWUD if he were transported back to 40d?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: May 12, 2014, 02:55:46 am »

Urist cancels store XTroll fur sockX: Transported in time
Urist attempts to figure out the secrets of space time to retrieve said sock and becomes a time lord named Timeandrelative Dimensionsinspace

WWUD if he could make (Tardis's, Tardie, Tardis')
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:53 am »

Be enslaved by a bunch of humans and forced to build Tardi for all eternity, which he's going to survive to do because of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey nonsense the humans refuse to explain.

WWUD if the timelords, on information extracted form Urist McTardismaker, invaded the world?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: May 12, 2014, 11:09:58 am »

Hop into the nearest quantum stockpile, and ride the warping of physics into another dimension.  One made entirely of kittens, socks, and vomit.

WWUD if Elves grew more luxurious beards than Dwarfs?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 713