Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome Artifact Names?  (Read 3362 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Awesome Artifact Names?
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »

One of my Butchers just created a figurine of a Roc ripping an Elf apart. It's called Gorrothedos, "The Disembowelled Amazement". The Elf was called "Liyiyi"... or maybe that was what the Elf was screaming... not sure.

Good name, anyway. Very good name.

Yours?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:34:01 pm by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Artifact Names?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:17:19 am »

Just had one The Dispersed Flesh, says warthog bone grate on the box, but the child (6!) used 300+ units of bone.

This is a warthog bone grate. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with yak bone and pig leather and encircled with bands of elephant bone, yak bone, forgotten beast bone and rock crystal.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of forgotten beast bone and menaces with spikes of warthog bone, forgotten beast bone and goat bone.  On the item is an image of Stasost Conjurejackal the goblin in yak bone.  On the item is an image of a large roach in crundle bone.

A child made this

I think the name is almost a joke-- the flesh was dispersed, it ain't now

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:41:10 am »

Well hey, I have like fifteen kids who've gotten their moods early (some of them are grownups now). The last one so far made her artifact wooden mug at age 1. No notable name for that though.

Ontopic, one of the earlier artifacts of my current fort is a mechanism by the name Carriedplays the Craterous Destruction. It has a Shakespearean ring to it, I'd say.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:26:44 pm »

Ultravoice the bowels of boring, a raw adamantine bracelet!
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »

One of the children just made a gypsum crown named "The Trouble of Groups".  Considering he's a middle child in a family of nine kids, it's not surprising...

Another good one in my fort is "Crowdsilenced the Umbra of Artifacts"...another gypsum crown.  Considering it's the least valuable or noteworthy of all of our artifacts, I question the creator's modesty.  Either that or he thought up the name before making the artifact and is now profoundly embarrassed.

What it is with legendary gypsum crafts and this fort, I don't really know. 
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:29 pm »

My favorite in Laboredcontrolled is Zelerashok, the Prime Times, an iron anvil. The name is appropriate because currently the fortress is fat and happy, and I'm in the middle of my first ever megaproject.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.