Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cargo! I found the FUN!  (Read 5861 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cargo! I found the FUN!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 02:38:46 pm »

Has anyone done much experimentation on the actual usefulness of the tail? I believe wings do give lift, but I've never been able to get the tail to move in any controlling way.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »

But do you do it for profit, so you can go to the upper regions of the atmosphere and send a giant glacier back down onto Earth thus causing a ice age? I think not.
You mean I've been doing it for nothing???

Anyway, back on topic. Looks fun, does the design of the vehicles matter? Or is it just like spore where you can place it randomly and it just grants the ability if you have the piece?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 05:17:08 pm »

But do you do it for profit, so you can go to the upper regions of the atmosphere and send a giant glacier back down onto Earth thus causing a ice age? I think not.
You mean I've been doing it for nothing???

Anyway, back on topic. Looks fun, does the design of the vehicles matter? Or is it just like spore where you can place it randomly and it just grants the ability if you have the piece?
The design of the vehicle matters a lot. Having one helicopter rotor on one end will just cause lift centered on that end, for instance. It takes quite a bit of experimentation to succeed in at first and the physics are reasonably unreasonable. I'm quite proud of my current submarine that can do over 100km/h on ground and has good maneuverability in the air.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 08:51:54 pm »

I completed the story but didn't get both story achievments.
There must be alternate endings then.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 08:53:06 pm »

I'm playing this game and I'm like: What is going on. Why did they just sink? Can I pick them up? Can I sink myself AHHH WHY ARE THEY BEING CHOPPED UP WHY ARE THEY DROWNING WHY DO THESE THINGS HAVE NO SELF PRESERVATION INSTINCT WHY IS THIS GAME RUSHING ME AHHHH

So, yeah.

What am I do?

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:58 pm »

It's not rushing you, there's sandbox and really it's not that much of a rush, it's just a bit faster than normal, mostly because it requires you to actually think about how to do something instead of "LOLOLOL PUSH THIS OBVIOUS BUTTON DATS MARKED IN GLOWING EXTREME GPS MAP MODE BECAUSE YOU ARE CLEARLY BLIND AND CANNOT SEE THIS OBVIOUSLY LARGE OBJECTIVE!" so it feels rushed when it's actually not.

I'm emailing the devs, giving praise and asking if they have plans for a sequal because I love it.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 09:35:30 pm »

Don't count on a sequal. Knowing IPL, they'll probably move onto something even more impossibly insane/incredible.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:13 pm »

I really just want a speedometer on screen or something, I managed to get 298 km/h with a plane but didn't know it until the season was over. Before that I put several airscrews on the bottom of a raft, resulting in a chaotic display and reaching 700 km/h.
Overall, I just beat the game and loved it, the only bug I noticed was that a couple of achievements weren't registered, yet that doesn't matter really.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 02:55:39 am »

It's not rushing you, there's sandbox and really it's not that much of a rush, it's just a bit faster than normal, mostly because it requires you to actually think about how to do something instead of "LOLOLOL PUSH THIS OBVIOUS BUTTON DATS MARKED IN GLOWING EXTREME GPS MAP MODE BECAUSE YOU ARE CLEARLY BLIND AND CANNOT SEE THIS OBVIOUSLY LARGE OBJECTIVE!" so it feels rushed when it's actually not.

Nah, I mean the fact that events (at least at the start) are timed. You have to do them within a certain time limit, or you fail.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:41 am »

Nah, I mean the fact that events (at least at the start) are timed. You have to do them within a certain time limit, or you fail.

The 20 seconds with the turbine is just giving you time to hit B to build a vessel and get stuff squared away to save them. protip: hitting B stops time.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 05:32:25 pm »

The 20 seconds with the turbine is just giving you time to hit B to build a vessel and get stuff squared away to save them. protip: hitting B stops time.

Not just that. Stuff like the cargo sinking etc.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 06:07:28 pm »

The sinking cargo doesn't matter, you get just enough to build a boat before it sinks.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »

The sinking cargo doesn't matter, you get just enough to build a boat before it sinks.
It's actually just that you can only hold so much before everything sinks, regardless of how fast you did it.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:38 am »

Few of the timed events have any real consequences, except maybe when they're all drowning or the penguins are squishing them. Anyone even know if 0 buddies left = game over?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:34 am »

Few of the timed events have any real consequences, except maybe when they're all drowning or the penguins are squishing them. Anyone even know if 0 buddies left = game over?

Dunno, I don't trust them though.  They have no beards.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 2 [3]