Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too many hives: output restricted  (Read 1674 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Too many hives: output restricted
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »

I ordered a bunch of hives to be built (from 32 up to 56) and now I have this message. Do I need to pull some of them down before I can get products, or does this just slow down production rate?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Re: Too many hives: output restricted
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »

Maybe there's a hard limit on the number of active hives that you can have at any given time? Like with seeds, you can only have 200 of one type of seeds, if you have 200 plump helmet spawn but someone eats a plump helmet, you still have 200 (if you get back down to 180 and someone eats one you'd have 181).

So yeah. Probably a hard limit. 50 sounds plausible.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Too many hives: output restricted
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »

I chucked some more in to round off the area and no I've got 'no output'. Will remove hives to get some figures out of this.

eta:
Limit for full production is 40 hives.
Not sure about the limit for any production at all, since the figure is based on occupied hives and I don't have many splittable hives.

Also not sure if this is a universal value or whether the site size and hive location are taken into account, but it's probably a flat limit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:32:26 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.