Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: How to make ayleid forts?  (Read 7608 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make ayleid forts?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »

Aylid forts you say? Never heard of 'em. ;)

Then why did you post in this thread?

Look at my user name.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

Aylid forts you say? Never heard of 'em. ;)

Then why did you post in this thread?

Look at my user name.

Oh.

Lol. This gives me an idea... elder scrolls mod for DF anyone?
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

But the dwarfs are all dead! What would we play as, ghosts? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the series of course, but Dwarf Fortress in a world with no dwarfs and three different kinds of elves? That doesn't sound very dwarfy.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 02:42:21 pm »

But the dwarfs are all dead! What would we play as, ghosts? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the series of course, but Dwarf Fortress in a world with no dwarfs and three different kinds of elves? That doesn't sound very dwarfy.
Would magma elves be dwarfy?
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »

Playing dwarf fortress ruined me for oblivion because I couldn't see how the ruins could possibly have been living settlements; they're never laid out efficiently or defensibly.  :P
thats why they're ruins.
fort got abandoned long ago
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »

Could play as dwemer before they went extinct. Imagine the possibilities...
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 04:41:01 am »

There is one dwemer left in TES. In Morrowind.

And actually, the Dwemer are known as "Dwarves" because giants saw them as dwarves.

Well, they DID make large underground industrial complexes that included magma... But that has already been discussed.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 06:05:37 am »

you could cast the Nords a dwarves. After all, they're always getting wasted and having their clothes stolen by witches!
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

KhazâdAimęnu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »

Hmm, magma elves...sounds like an interesting modding project. Have to make some magma trees as well, though...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 03:59:53 am »

Hmm, magma elves...sounds like an interesting modding project. Have to make some magma trees as well, though...

And of course magma elves need magma rope reed.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 06:07:21 am »

Playing dwarf fortress ruined me for oblivion because I couldn't see how the ruins could possibly have been living settlements; they're never laid out efficiently or defensibly.  :P

I never had the sense they were meant to be a livable place. They simply seemed like elaborate tomb complexes.

The livable city was what became the Imperial City. :)

Yep, those ruins in oblivion only have underground sections intact which were definitely tombsites. Aboveground towers which were destroyed were probably places to live/work/study in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 09:29:36 am »

then, when the fort is done, abbandon it and visit it with an adventure some 50 years laters....>.> expect some FUN in being dismembered by traps you didn't recall where there or by the new inhabitants! or by caveins. or by being trapped underground.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 11:01:41 am »

I've actually been drawing up some plans for an Oblivion mod, but I didn't know there was a lot of support for it. I guess I may have to give it a second look. One big question is, what civ should the player play as?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:47 am »

I've actually been drawing up some plans for an Oblivion mod, but I didn't know there was a lot of support for it. I guess I may have to give it a second look. One big question is, what civ should the player play as?

Like The Elder Scrolls, whichever one they please.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2011, 11:29:25 am »

dwemer, i'd say. no need to make a oblivion or morrowind YEAR thing, it could be a mod of the PAST of oblivion morrowind, and just looking at how dwemer ended up (only one alive all throughough the world? thats just, Dwarfenly Fortress thing!)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5