Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The Dwarf-ympics!  (Read 5995 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: The Dwarf-ympics!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

SIX? I've never got past 1...
Oh well, my Frankenstein apprentice just died by a skeletal wolf mob.
Time to save scum =D

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2008, 10:26:00 am »

Damnit...  I just built a 69 story tall tower...
69 stories.
Then the game crashed.
I hadn't saved since the first floor.
ARGH!
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2008, 10:28:00 am »

69????
I suppose you don't have a screenshot. I'll put a notice in the awards, but since you have no evidence what so ever, I'm afraid you'll have to start over. *Ducks to dodge jaybud4's fury of throwed coins*

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

By the way, I don't think it's possible to kill civilizations. Any casualties you inflict actually get replaced by offworld migrants faster than you can kill.

Also, there a thread in the fortress mode forum about a guy with an insane tantrumer who managed to deflect bolts with his fists.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

I'm building a tower jail entirely with marble (from where i'll be able to throw goblins and annoying dwarves  :D ). Currently it's 31 stories and going, it should end up at 40 or 45, I'm unsure.
And it's not some crap made for the contest by the way, i'll send a pic when it's done. It's quite stylish.

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

I honestly didn't count the number of carp I killed, but I know it was at least a dozen...
A milkfish took out my eye in the middle of it though  :mad:

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: Kronos ]

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: Kronos ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

You can see the entire event list at gamelog.txt in your DF folder of all your adventures and fortresses if you would want to count them. Anyway, added.

Daedalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

Here's my entry for highest created wealth:

Picture
That's after I lost half of my population due to crazy dwarves...

And most valuable artifact:

other picture

I saw someone with artifact adamantine plate earlier in the thread, but he didn't submit it for most valuable, so whatever.

EDIT: Pictures are too damn large.

[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Daedalus ]

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

It's a shame the marble texture of 3dwarf isn't diferent from an other stone. The tower should be bright white.

So the staircase of my tower is done (you'll soon understand). Here it is 32 stories high, at the same height than the top point of the map.

This one so that you can count if you wish

And finally the staircase.
It took quite a while to come to this level, since the staircase is made so : 2 opposed ramps at the bottom of the tower. One level higher, a one tile wide corridor goes until it has done 90° angle with the ramp where it start, then a ramp to the following level. Repeat.
The main problem was that I had to build each and every floor and wall ONE BY ONE, having to wait for one to be done to order a new one. Unless, they would have built the closest first, closing access to the others behind.

Anyway, 32 stories high.
And going.

An amusing thing : only ONE child is dead, in an accident building the 31st story. I ordered the deconstruction of something I shouldn't have, so a wall fell down, followed by the child.
When he exploded on the floor, his head, both legs and his right arm went back to the 9th level before going back.
And soon I will throw gobbos from higher   :D

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

*checks log*

Final count is 15 carp, and a similar number of tigerfish and milkfish, and a small group of hippos.

Aaand I'm carrying around a carp head; a small number for the headhunter award, but the biggest one so far.

[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Kronos ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 07:29:00 am »

All added.
Dae: if the limbs bounce back so high, you could make a clay pigeon contest with limbs for your dwarves.
*The left leg is propelled away by the the force of the blow!*
*The flying wooden bolt strikes the left leg!*
*It is pierced!*
*15 points for Team A*

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

I'll try, I have a gob pikeman for celebrating the opening  :D

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

With regard to The Godly Fisherman, I have an old log of an adventurer who killed more carp than I've yet cared to count while ploughing through a very fish-infested river. I'll try to filter out the many unnecessary parts of the log so I can actually count how many carp I killed.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

Okay, according to the Find & Replace function, my adventurer struck down 167 carp and caused a further 66 to bleed to death, giving a total of 233 dead carp. I would've counted them manually, but the log of this adventurer's fishing spree was hundreds of pages long.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Asheron:
<STRONG>69????
I suppose you don't have a screenshot. I'll put a notice in the awards, but since you have no evidence what so ever, I'm afraid you'll have to start over. *Ducks to dodge jaybud4's fury of throwed coins*

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]</STRONG>

Yeah, yeah.  I'm in the process of rebuilding it.  It was an incredibly lucky find on my part (the site, that is)
A staircase of ☼ cliffs.  At least 4 of them, I haven't counted.  Yes, it extends a full 68 Z-levels above the lowest level.  It translates to a 69 story tower because the first story is counted as zero in game terms.
EDIT: Definitely at least 4 ☼ cliffs.  Something like 14 total.  A LOT of cliffs.  It took me 2 years just to get down from starting position to where I needed to base the tower!
EDIT2: Looking at what I have now in the Visualizer, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't see the base from the 69th story...
EDIT3: Gonna jump off it once it's done and claim instant-win in the Suicidal Jumper award, since there's no possible way I could survive that, unless my clothes become some sort of +Cave spider silk parachute+
EDIT YET AGAIN: Got a proof of concept up.  Just the base stairs, but you get the picture.  Good luck counting the number of floors.  Of course, that's the entire height of the map.  69 z-levels up.  That took AGES to build, even just the stairs.  This is a proof of concept, not my actual submission, as it isn't big enough in X and Y to qualify yet.  Although... you see the base down there, that's what I had of my old tower from the last save before the crash.  So, if you want to trust me on this, the old tower that I mentioned before was as tall as these stairs, but that size.  It's down to you.  I'm going to be working on rebuilding the entire thing anyway, but that won't be done for a while.

Whoa.  That was a lot more text then I thought.

[ April 09, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7