Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Dwarf-ympics!  (Read 5993 times)

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarf-ympics!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

I'd also like to submit some placeholders.

Novice Wrestler, Talented Swordsman, Hammerman, Competent Shield User, Armor User, Skilled Swimmer, Novice Ambusher, Novice Thrower

Thats all for now; I'm gonna go see some old 'friends' now about that Godly Fisher award...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 06:57:00 pm »

Placeholder for best equipped character. I lost my old, armour with every single possible thing set.

Now, time to go for the Toady One Award.

Done. A bit unfair considering my gear... I wonder what can harm this guy.

Okay... going for Frankenstein monster now.

[ April 04, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Kronos

• Bay Watcher
  • Diorite Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

Well, on my way to the river, I obliterated three packs of wolves without a single scratch... And then got killed by a one-humped camel... Save scumming as I write this; losing was fun, but I want my character back.
Also, how do you record videos?

[ April 04, 2008: Message edited by: Kronos ]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

I got owned by elves...

Noo! And I was so close to finishing the Frankenstein monster too!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

How about updating the records so we can see who has done what? Geeze, create a thread and not keep it updated!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 04:21:00 am »

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but now I'm back from England, I have added all of the records posted.

Asehujiko: No, they have to be arrows I'm afraid.

Kogan Loloklam: I did say in the OP that I was going to be gone for 5 days.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Asheron:
<STRONG>
Kogan Loloklam: I did say in the OP that I was going to be gone for 5 days.</STRONG>

Excuses are like agak, everyone has them, and they all stink! Except for mine, mine bring forth flowery flowers that flower...

My excuses that is...

Because they are umm, yea...

Here's my entry for "Best Dwarf"
;)). He is currently finishing his engraving tasks, then he is moving on to creating chains for the jail. 10 working cells isn't cutting it.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

I'm looking at the list of awards (primarily the first several entries), and see that there's hardly any point to them. The skills, I mean. There's a predefined progression of skills, and they are hard to distinguish after they go beyond Legendary, so at some point there's going to be all Legendaries, and that ain't as fun as we could make it.

What if "the best achievement" with the skill is used instead of the actual skill level? For example, I just had a double-whammy situation where me and a dark elf guard shot each other (with crossbows) at the same time, except there were 6 tiles horizonal, 5 tiles vertical, and 1 tile diorite block fortification distance between us.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 05:40:00 am »

I deleted the skills awards, since I felt bad about them too.
It's not that hard to gain legendary in most of them anyway. I added some other awards ( What are FPS, Iron Curtain, Ark of Noah and LoL award ).
I'm going to have a shot at the Frankenstein apprentice.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:00 am »

I'm shooting for the Giganscudo/Captain America awards right now.  Am I correct in assuming it's okay to use the MA+ mod for this, since I'm still playing as a human?  Oh, and I ate a turtle.  Live.

The funeral pyre award is a little misleading...  It's harder to get the corpse on top of a tree than it may seem, so you may want to point out that just putting them around the base of the tree doesn't really count...

Or maybe it's just that the particular hero I tried that with had only one eye, and thus would often throw stuff behind him by accident due to abysmal aim.

Heh, maybe that should be an award.  Most absurd miss to kill an opponent.

Speaking of new awards, here's one for those who've played Baldur's Gate...

Boo award:  Most enemies killed by having a live rat thrown at them.  Must be the same rat.  Bonus points for showing a picture of the blood smears on said rat.  (or, if you prefer, change it to "Beetlejuice award" and make it most enemies killed by thrown insects.  Doesn't have to be the same one)

And some lucky awards.

Iron Will award:  Have a fired arrow or bolt glance off of your head.  Bonus points if you're not wearing a helmet.

Naptime award:  Fall unconscious in a group of six or more capable enemies.  Survive.

Lightning Reflexes award:  Most projectiles dodged. (also known as the Neo or Max Payne award)

And, of course,

Champion of the Mountains:  Most large enemies defeated using a barrel of ale.  Semimegabeasts, megabeasts, giant cave spiders, nightwings, elephants, giant scorpions, demons etc.  Must be dwarf.

Champion of the Realm:  Slaughter one city as an adventurer.  Retire that adventurer somewhere.  Start new adventurer of the slaughtered city's civ, and defeat the slaughterer.  Must be human.

Champion of the Forests:  Most animal invasions helped.  All equipment must be wooden or plant fiber.  Must be elf.

You have to find a city that's under attack by animals, and then take the side of the animals.  The entire settlement must be purged, and there must be at least one invading animal alive afterwards.  I was admittedly running low for that last one, but I wanted to have an award for all three races.  Feel free to change that last one or ignore the race-specific awards altogether.  The Champion of the Realm award grows depending on how many city-slayer people that one champion manages to kill.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 08:34:00 am »

The MA+ mod does more than just add attacks, so I'm afraid you'd have to use a vanilla version. Specifically, it alters many animals and adds items that may help achieving this award (tower shields, shard shields, full plate armor).

Also, the "olympic" system implies that no mods may be used for contributions. My "Drowned Iceswimmer" was included just because the story was nice, I think.  :)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 08:39:00 am »

Dammit, that means I need to trash this legendary+1 shield user with six shields and as many thrown-shield kills...  Blast.

And how exactly would full plate armor make things easier?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 09:11:00 am »

Ask the flying *<<Steel>>*.  :)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

The drider story was added because having a drider didn't affect your story.
It's not like any other race has less chance of drowning because of frozen stairs. Oh, and because it was such a sadistic story =D
And no, the MA+ mod doesn't count. The extra strong shields and armour gets you an extra edge over others.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

Riight....  I've got one tower shield and no special armor.  Which negates Mr. Legendary shield user from the running.

Ah well, it's okay.  But that'll be it from me, I can't be bothered to add yet another DF installation on my computer just to do this.  I've already got six.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7