Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Dwarf-ympics!  (Read 5990 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
The Dwarf-ympics!
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:23:00 pm »

Welcome to the Dwarf-ympics 2008!
I challenge all great dwarves to come here, and to show off the greatest skills and achievements ever performed!

How to participate
------------------
To participate in any of the following "disciplines", send a screenshot.
In some cases, a movie or save is needed to, but I trust you all to not cheat. ( not that ms paint is that good for forgery                                      :D.

Disciplines
-----------

LEGENDS
--------

The Moin Award: Moin, his forum. His achievement will never be forgotten.

Fortress Mode ( Any place, with or without magma, river,... is allowed )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Largest amount of food: 11314 by Tayrin. Armok is hungry.

Largest amount of animals: 1112 animals by Tayrin. Some people have way to many pets.

Largest tower : Jaybud4 made one of 69z levels. Which is big. Almost as big as Armok's beard.(the award goes to height, not size. Minimum size is a 2*2 block)

Largest above-ground construction: Pyramide of DOOM by Sappho. That's big. Really really big.

Iron man(longest surviving fortress): Zebereshtan, 21st Timber, 1084, by Tayrin. Because growing a beard takes time.

Most valuable artifact: 4680000, "Meadownation the Dance of Defending" by Sunday. I found the holy grail! Oh wait, it's guarded by the French =(.

Most valuable non-artifact:

Fertility god: Kel Godinks by Asheron.
Go forth and multiply!

Best dwarf:9+9+1+16+1+14+1+16+9+16+6+6+9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9= 158 levels by Kogan Loloklam. Da Vinci is jealous.

Most megabeasts tamed: 5 megabeasts tamed, by Tayrin. Now if we could only make them do tricks....

Duke Nukem Renegade ( the most deadliest tantrum ): 1 kill by Techhead.

Most wealth generated: 50042785 monies by Tayrin. Marx just turned around in his grave. TWICE.

Iron Curtain :
( largest wall build that connects with the two edges of the map )

Ark of Noah :
( gather 2 of as much species of pets as you can and then flood the map. The animals must survive. )

What are FPS? ( most units on the map simultaniously ):

Adventure Mode ( You can play as dwarf, human or elf. )
-------------------------------------------------------

Boromir award: 6 arrows by AlmostEverywhere. Mother pincushion would have been proud.
( survive with as much arrows stuck into your body as possible )

Largest kill streak:

Headhunter ( largest head collection ): 13 heads by Dareon Clearwater. Don't let this score go to your head...

Suicidal jumper: a 69z levels high jump. Ouch. By Jaybud4
( highest place you jumped from and died )

Base jumper:
( highest place you jumped from and survived )

Mr stumpy ( most days completed with missing limbs ):

Highest armour value: Artifact adamantite armour, umiman. Losing in style.
(you can wear only one set of armour, no 20 shields in your right hand!)

Most historical figures killed:

Little merdwarf award ( most time spent underwater ):

Heart of Gold award ( most improbable event ): Moses-syndrome by LASD.
Looks like some dwarfs were thirsty.

The Black Knight award:
( best feat achieved with all four primary appendages missing, it's only a flesh wound after all!)

The Darwin award ( most stupid feat ever achieved ):

The Fellowship award:
( most quests achieved with 7 living companions )

The "Please Fix the Randomizer" award:
( most consecutive hits to the same bodypart, including different enemies )

Frodo gone mad award :
( collect as many rings of precious metals as possible )

The Pitch Black award ( most kills while blind ):

The Purple Heart award :
( most severe wounds recieved before killing an enemy )

The Double Cross award :
( most companions killed with your own hands )

The Tug of War ( most weapons carried ): 4 weapons, by Asheron.
All of the caravans were out, so they searched the dumbest ass they could find and strap some weapons on him. That ass is you.

The Goofy Golfer ( largest distance an enemy gets sent flying ): 157 tiles, by Tayrin. I think you hitted a giant eagle, so that makes it a birdie.

Cabinet of Pain ( most enemies killed with the same cabinet ):

The Barrett award ( largest distance throw that kills an enemy ):

The Bird Flu award ( most giant eagles killed ):

Bane of Kings award ( most kings killed ):

Devourer of worlds ( most civilizations killed ):

!!Treehuggers!! ( most trees burned ): 139 trees, by PTTG

Assassin ( killing a civ leader and leaving the capital without being caught): 1 civilization leader by Daniel Charms. That bloody Altaïr again...

Funeral pyre ( burn as many corpses with one tree ):

Connoisseur award ( eat as many types of vermin as possible ): eating a LIVE turtle, Kagus.

MINE! award ( take as many items from a living enemy without killing him ):

Burning man festival ( Most people set on fire while you are on fire ):

Return to sender award:
( Killing as many people as you can with their own arrows you pulled out of your body )

Bloodline award ( kill as many family trees as possible ):

The Toady One award : 1 GCS without any scratches, umiman. Winning is fun too!
( kill a GCS only with retaliatestrikes, or survive as long as possible )

Four-leaf-cleaver ( worst luck ): Drowned Iceswimmer, Sean Mirrsen.

Suicidal Enemies award:
( highest point an enemy fell from by dodging your attack )

Frankenstein Apprentice: 41 body parts, by Daniel Charms. This adds another dimension to replacements parts. ( collect the most amount of body parts. Double score for entire sets.)

Dwarf Fortress Gold Cup:
( Losing has never been so fun. Gather sets of GCS's, megabeasts and demon corpses. Only for the suicidal. )

LoL award ( draw the largest lol with dropped items ):

Giganscudo award ( most enemies killed while wearing 2 or more shields ):

Captain america award ( most enemies killed by throwing shields ):

Champion of the Mountains: Most large enemies defeated using a barrel of ale. Semimegabeasts, megabeasts, giant cave spiders, nightwings, elephants, giant scorpions, demons etc. Must be dwarf.

Champion of the Realm: Slaughter one city as an adventurer. Retire that adventurer somewhere. Start new adventurer of the slaughtered city's civ, and defeat the slaughterer. Must be human.

Champion of the Forests: Most animal invasions helped. All equipment must be wooden or plant fiber. Must be elf.

Boo award: Most enemies killed by having a live rat thrown at them. Must be the same rat. Bonus points for showing a picture of the blood smears on said rat. (or, if you prefer, change it to "Beetlejuice award" and make it most enemies killed by thrown insects. Doesn't have to be the same one)

Iron Will award: Have a fired arrow or bolt glance off of your head. Bonus points if you're not wearing a helmet.

Naptime award: Fall unconscious in a group of six or more capable enemies. Survive.

Lightning Reflexes award: Most projectiles dodged.

Godly fisherman award: 233 carps, by Tayrin. Have a fishy stick!

Best dwarf ( see fortress mode ): 7+16+13+13+16+1+3 = 69, by Akroma.

Cadaver Tosser ( largest distance a corpse is thrown ): 21 tiles by Daniel Charms. Some corpses have been in more places then when they used to be alive.

Caver Toss ( largest distance a log is thrown ):

Hall of Superdwarfly Contribution
---------------------------------
- jurassiced
- Akroma
- Sean Mirrsen
- Kagus
- Kronos
- umiman
- Kennel
- Kogan Loloklam
- Daedalus
- Dae
- Hathaway for necroing it.
- Daniel Charms
- Muondecay
- Sunday

!!Hall of Shame!!
-----------------

- Asheron ( Borimir?? ) >_> ( REDEEMED )

When you submit, please leave a message in this thread. Link a screenshot for bonus points so that all fellow dwarves/humans/elves can see your glorious achievement!

I changed a lot of the achievements to more crazy ones instead of just skill levels.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

[ June 09, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarf-ympics!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

highest place jumped from? most days completed with missing limbs? most/uber megabeasts tamed in fortress mode? and dam good topic btw

[ March 28, 2008: Message edited by: jurassiced ]

POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

Why don't you just build the highest tower, retire and jump from it?
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »

"Largest amount of kittens" is going to be a very broad tie.  It's capped at something like 50 per animal type, right?

Actually come to think of it, if (kittens+cats) <= 50, that might be a worthwhile challenge after all.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

Well, then I suppose it's kittens+cats+dogs+puppies+camels+....
That might be a little bit more of a challenge... zoo tycoon, anyone?    :)

And Kyselina, you could do that, but jumping off mountains into deep pits is accepted too ( and a little bit easier )

Umiman: I'm going to add "best outfitted adventurer". Getting the highest value out of your armour with decorations is not that hard to max out, but it will be a challenge.

[ March 28, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

Put the catagory: best outfitted adventurer there because I'm going to win it.

:cool:

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 08:16:00 am »

Isn't anyone interested in posting records? =(
I'll start ahead, longest living fortress: Takrupan, my story fortress. ( Tale of the Death ), 1 year old   :D

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 09:42:00 am »

Ummmm, then I can jump into chasm which is infinite?
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 10:01:00 am »

most historical figures killed in adventure mode
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »

Kyselina: Well, the place you jump from counts, so chasms don't really help.

This masterfull created paint document should help:      

Akroma: added

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

First, please spell Boromir right.

Now, awards.
Basejumper award - highest survived jump. In vanilla DF. Jumping into water would count, but only the height to water level.

"Little Merdwarf" award - most time spent underwater.

The Heart of Gold award - most improbable event. For example, being savagely killed by the wife of the elite bowman you killed in a town on the other side of the continent.

The Black Knight award - best feat achieved with all four primary appendages missing.

The Darwin award (it had to happen) - the most stupid thing done by an adventurer. Like getting the shield arm broken, and deciding to "stay a while longer" in a cave with GCS.

The Fellowship award - most quests completed with at least 7 companions, all of them alive. At least 1 companion of each of the primary races must be present.

The "Please Fix the Randomizer" award - most consecutive hits to the same bodypart, including different enemies.

The Sonic award - collects as many rings of precious metals as possible.

The Pitch Black award - most kills while completely blind.

The Purple Heart award - most numerous and severe wounds received before killing an enemy. Dying before the enemy dies does not count.

The Double Cross award - most companions killed with own hands.

The Tug of War award - most weapons carried.

The Goofy Golfer award - largest distance an enemy gets sent flying.

The Captain America award - most enemies killed with thrown shields.

The Giganscudo award - most enemies killed in melee while wielding two or more shields.

The Power of Rule award - most enemies killed with a golden scepter. (very specific, but I'm running out of ideas here)

The Barrett award - largest distance that a thrown/shot object is used from to kill an enemy.

Alright, I'm out of ideas for now.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Moocow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

quote:
The Goofy Golfer award - largest distance an enemy gets sent flying.

Artifact adamantine warhammers send those enemies a looooooong way.

Death solves all problems - no dwarf, no problem.
- Joseph Stalin

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Moocow:
<STRONG>

Artifact adamantine warhammers send those enemies a looooooong way.</STRONG>

Yeah, I was gonna ask to try for the Goofy Golfer award, just as soon as I could find a place with enough open space so as not to have obstacles for the enemy to slam into before they stopped.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:24:00 am »

Sean: Borimir?? I'll go have myself run over by some elephants.
     Anyway, suggestions added.

Tayrin: Go ahead, I suggest a desert. Giant scorpion + artifact adamantine warhammer : prehistoric spoetnik

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

I'll throw in another award.

"Four-leaf cleaver" award (no typo there): Worst luck.

And a story that would be a contender, if it were not with my MA mod, and long lost. I just recently remembered it.

I was playing a PlayNow! drider, visiting a previously built darkelven fortress. The fortress was in a mildly warm temperate region, water was plenty (too plenty) and never froze. I've made a nice trade depot on the first underground level of a hill, then more stuff underground. I wanted a fancy irrigation project and a well, but the latter backfired (forgot about how incospicuous U-bends can be) and flooded most of the fort. Everyone drowned, except a few on-break workers (eventually drowned too, one drowned because a pet jaguar opened the room door) and a pair of traders with their mules that were locked inside the trade depot (had to do it after they refused to trade, and I needed the stuff they brought), though the water had not reached there when I abandoned.

So, the drider, being skillless and without equipment, decided to try and get the equipment provided by the traders that would now be dead. He went into the fort, and climbed down the stairs, only to be met by a chest-high level of water that prevented him from exiting until he learned to swim. In a desperate attempt to survive, the drider strode against the current, and finally reached the only piece of dry floor in the fort - the trade depot. The traders and their stuff were there, but were of no use. The adventurer had to learn to swim ASAP.

After a few attempts to strain himself trying to wade outside the room and train that way, he understood that he needed something different. So he focused on trying to let enough water into the room to safely learn swimming. After a few hours, he succeeded, though the current kept pushing him away and the door shut. Having achieved that, he began training, extending his lung capacity so that he can manage the trip along the corridor to the stairs up that he knew were free from water. A full day passed. The skill had already built up, but the adventurer had to sleep so that he could regain the necessary strength.

Waking up in his watery cell, he decided. It was time. With a swift motion, he opened the room door, and plunged into the current of water. He strode and strode, finding each stroke more difficult as his body ran out of oxygen. At last he was at the stairs!...

The stairs were sealed in a solid block of ice.

In all the time of the fort's existence, water had never frozen for so much as a brief moment. Even as the drider's vision dimmed and life left him, dawn broke outside. Several minutes after his lifeless body settled on the dungeon floor, the stairs thawed.

edit: clearer paragraphs

[ March 30, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7