« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 02:34:03 pm »

What? Cannabis does not cause cancer.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: 420
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 03:04:50 pm »

Tobacco and wood smoke cause cancer, so it is reasonable to suspect marijuana smoke will also cause cancer. However it is a composition fallacy, so naturally it needs actual proof beyond logical exercises. To say marijuana smoke doesn't cause cancer is only true if you pad it with a lot of caveats, like it isn't scientifically linked to cause cancer in X dosage levels, because even chemically inert compounds and cell phone radiation can be linked to cause cancer.

New subject; Does Pot Cause Cancer?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »

smoke inhilation causes damage.

Including cancer. You know, that thing that kills families, ruins lives and sucks? That.
Any damage causes cancer, repeatedly sticking a pin into your hand will give you cancer.  irritants cause cancer, for fucks sake eating can cause cancer.  Honestly taking my choice of vices, I think I will stick with marijuana, despite the minor smoke damage (hell go live in a major city and you are breathing smoke and toxins 24/7
Nom nom nom

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 03:13:59 pm »

Processed meats also cause cancer.

That's because of the preservatives used in them, though.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »

New subject; Does Pot Cause Cancer?

Does it matter?  So many perfectly legal and socially acceptable substances/behaviors contribute to cancer that I find it a rather poor argument against the mary-joo-wana.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

smoke inhilation causes damage.

Including cancer. You know, that thing that kills families, ruins lives and sucks? That.
Any damage causes cancer, repeatedly sticking a pin into your hand will give you cancer.  irritants cause cancer, for fucks sake eating can cause cancer.  Honestly taking my choice of vices, I think I will stick with marijuana, despite the minor smoke damage (hell go live in a major city and you are breathing smoke and toxins 24/7

Why increase the chance?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »

The same reason people go the beach in the summer.

The enjoyment is worth the slight increase in risk.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 05:02:48 pm »

Happy 421!

.... Wait, I just checked and my factorization was correct.  So...

I think I may have to go lie down now =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 05:09:48 pm »

Fun fact; everything you ever do ever will cause cancer, even existing.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »

Isn't there something in Marijuana that is an anti-carcinogen?

Though that's kinda canceled out if you smoke it buts not like smoking it is the only way to use it.

Also, since its 421..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROME.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »

If everything causes cancer, then it is pointless to avoid exposure to carcinogens, thus I would like to sell you all some asbestos tablecloths.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »

Asbestos causes some Asbestos bourne disease, to my knowlege.

It majorly shortens your lifespan.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »

If everything causes cancer, then it is pointless to avoid exposure to carcinogens, thus I would like to sell you all some asbestos tablecloths.
I'll take five. They'll be perfect for me since I'm always knocking over those darn candles. Such a klutz, I am.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »

I also have for sale asbestos T-shirts that resist wear and tear and can be cleaned of any stain; red wine, chocolate, blood, motor oil, cola, coffee, by simply throwing into a fireplace.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:53 pm »

That's amazing! And I know I am constantly disheartened by losing my entire wardrobe to pesky housefires. I may be out on the streets but at least I'll still have my collection of shirts with witty phrases on them!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5