Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The King Is Dead  (Read 613 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
The King Is Dead
« on: April 20, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

Been working my way along towards getting a King To Come. However, I looked in the civ profile and it says I ahve no important leaders. I take it this means that a king will never come?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
Re: The King Is Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:28 pm »

Are you still getting tons of migrants, like more than 2 waves?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »

I HAVE gotten plenty of migrants, not in the past year or so, but yeah, I get migrants now and again.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

ThirdSpartacus

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing Since 2006, One Fortress At A Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »

I believe the King noble is bugged in the current version?

Amirite? Amirite?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:31 pm »

My king arrived, but he had that "no preferences" bug. On the other hand, maybe it's not a bug, but how he survived long enough to become king in the first place.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 11:05:47 pm »

My king arrived, but he had that "no preferences" bug. On the other hand, maybe it's not a bug, but how he survived long enough to become king in the first place.

King by virtue of being the least demanding person around?

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:14 pm »

King by virtue of being the least demanding person around?
By avoiding unfortunate accidents shortly after mandating the creation of 5 raw adamantium mugs.

CerealGuns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:11:27 am »

I also had a king show up in the current version with no preferences.  It certainly made him easy to please.  He didn't issue a single mandate.
Wielder of Mothtundra
Slayer of Ostrur the Acrid Abyssal Nettles
Duke of Channelravens