Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cheese thread  (Read 2370 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Cheese thread
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »

And just so the OP doesn't shoot me for derailing the thread...I love cheese, but I'm increasingly lactose-intolerant, which is a bitch and a half.

Have you tried Goat Milk? I've heard a few times that some people who are lactose intolerant can actually drink Goat Milk without issues.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 02:58:51 pm »

And just so the OP doesn't shoot me for derailing the thread...I love cheese, but I'm increasingly lactose-intolerant, which is a bitch and a half.

Have you tried Goat Milk? I've heard a few times that some people who are lactose intolerant can actually drink Goat Milk without issues.

I've heard that too, but according to Wikipedia goat, sheep and cow milk all have pretty much the same levels of lactose. Which makes sense. Without lactose, it wouldn't be that useful as a source of carbohydrate for baby goats. And wouldn't ferment into cheese. And feta is yummy, yummy stuff (especially when stuffed into a kalamata olive).

MmMmmm... Tasty!

Guess what the secret ingredient is?
Did I mention this is maggot cheese?
Were they purring?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:50 pm »

I favor Roncal cheese.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »

Ever since I read about cheese on Wikipedia I have been intrigued with it. Lucky for me I live right next to a dairy farm. I would really want to try other cheese like Gouda and other fine aged cheeses.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 04:20:30 pm »

I like cheese spread.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 04:37:51 pm »

I only just recently developed a taste for blue cheese, and I really like it now.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »

I only just recently developed a taste for blue cheese, and I really like it now.
What does it taste like?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »

What does it taste like?
Bitter and an unusual kind of creamy.  Very good as a moderating flavor on garlic and gorgonzola pasta. 
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 05:00:05 pm »

Is it true that it smells terrible?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »

Is it true that it smells terrible?

Not really. It smells kind of like it tastes. Sort of a weird sharp smell? Tangy, anyway. Now, limburger, that stuff smells like feet. Literally; it's the same microorganisms that create foot odor that are responsible for limburger's flavor and smell. Even fools mosquitoes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »

I like yellow American cheese, but I can't stand white American. Am I racist? :P
Most of the other cheeses I've tried, I liked. I think I'd rather avoid limburger, though. I doubt I'd like the taste of foot fungus.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 05:44:09 pm »

I like yellow American cheese, but I can't stand white American.

You cheesist bastard!

:P

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:25 am »

I used to be allergic to cheese but, according to my parents, I was slowly given more and more until I developed a tolerance. I eat cheddar and feta most frequently but will happily eat most varieties.

Same for me except specifically for stilton. Rather than having it on it's own I like it in dishes containing broccoli.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 02:48:25 am »

I unfortunately don't like most cheese. Brie is probably the fanciest cheese I do like (and it really is just one step up from chedder and Parmisian)

Actually...

I love Kraft Parmisian Cheese. I know it is FAKE but I love it soo much more then the real stuff.

You just can't get melty delicious goo with anything else.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 06:33:18 am »

Oven baked brie is to die for.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 [2] 3