Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I've never seen a titan.  (Read 329 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
I've never seen a titan.
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:20 am »

Seriously! Like, ever. I'm sure I've exceeded the pop requirement on several forts, but there were never any titans. Just forgotten beasts.

Can't say I'm terribly sad about it, but it is odd.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Re: I've never seen a titan.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:13:34 am »

This is not something to necessarily be upset about?

Forgotten beasts have a completely different spawn condition to Titans.  Forgotten beasts can spawn in the caverns, once breached at any time.  They just wander in.

Titans only come after a certain time, wealth and population have been reached.  Even then they're not common at first.  You're much more likely to get numerous sieges before you ever see a titan because titans are creatures you can't just simply "Wall off" like in the caverns.  I mean, you CAN wall them off but it's less simple >.> especially if you like to use the outdoors for fishing/farming/logging/wind+water power.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:41:19 am by BuGGaTon »
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

ThirdSpartacus

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing Since 2006, One Fortress At A Time
    • View Profile
Re: I've never seen a titan.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:04:41 pm »

World Generation also comes into play.

If you set your world to generate over a long period of time, titans will generally be run over by the civilized races. On the flip-side, if you set your world to generate over a very small time period, the titans of before-time will still be very populous and will rampage over the wee fledgling Civ sites.

So yeah.