Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You must go and killl tha...DID YOU JUST LOSE YOUR HAND!!??  (Read 2090 times)

Eggocchio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: You must go and killl tha...DID YOU JUST LOSE YOUR HAND!!??
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:52:21 am »

It's super annoying, especially in adventure mode when you lose the use of one or more hands.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 11:39:09 am »

Yes, and missing your upper arm apparently has no effect on your lower arm or hand.  (So many goblins come through my weapon traps and exit as "her left upper arm is gone", or "his upper right leg is gone" yet they're still walking and fighting.)
Not true - they are probably crawling.

Two pairs of mittens + greaves will probably fix a lot of the hand problems.  The wiki has the real full set of armor you can give to your dwarves which is much more effective than the "Metal Armor" default.

Just a nitpicky note, but greaves are for your legs. The word you're looking for is gauntlets.

Bites, claws, axes and lashes have a bad habit of removing body parts with alarming ease. I usually even the score with a hallway of serrated disc traps. The sight of the salsa is well worth the massive hauling work.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »

I dunno 'bout you guys, but my militia are more likely to lose ears than hands. Most deaths in the military is from infection.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »

Give them the best quality gauntlets you have?
Pages: 1 [2]