Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equip your armor, already...  (Read 409 times)

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equip your armor, already...
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »

so I've been playing a fortress for some time now. I'm in a calm embark, so I'm missing a lot of the more fun creature spawns, and I haven't been spelunking lately either. But I still get the occasional ambush and siege. Usually I just put up the drawbridge and wait until they go away, but now that I have a legendary armor and weapon smith, I decided to actually use my adamantine stockpile, and churned out about 30 sets of adamantine armor (shirt, breastplate, leggings, greaves, high boots, helm shield), and weapons.

But the problem is, once I set up my equipment for my squads and checked my soldiers, a few of them aren't equipping what I made for them, or at least that's how I'm understanding the equipment screen (a green icon appears beside most of the equipment, but not next to select pieces; like a pair of gloves or boots). How do I get them to equip their armor like good little dwarves?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Equip your armor, already...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14:29 pm »

Try stationing them somewhere. They sould go grap their armor right away.

ThirdSpartacus

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing Since 2006, One Fortress At A Time
    • View Profile
Re: Equip your armor, already...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »

Replacing military equipment is sometimes, but not most of the times, bugged in the current versions.

I believe the method is to set the dwarves to a Naked uniform, with settings on replace clothing instead of equip over clothing. This way, your dwarves will be naked. Then, reassign them to the desired uniform and hopefully they should equip the right stuff.

Here's a useless Wiki page on equipping armor in general:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Squads#Equipping_Soldiers