Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On breaking clothes  (Read 935 times)

theMij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On breaking clothes
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »

so i recently joined in on a small succession fort with some RL buddies and i noticed that all the dwarves' clothes were starting to decay.  Most sets are not long for that world.  Anyway, for the first time I started wondering how to fix that problem, or if it even is a problem, as I've never really cared too much about the naked/non-naked state of any dwarf that wasn't in the military.

If i start making things for them to wear, will they just go grab them from the stockpile?  Or do i have to do some sort of work around involving drafting?  Also, is there any way to force them to have a spare set kept in their rooms so i don't have to provide even more space for 'em?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: On breaking clothes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:44 pm »

Dwarves will claim clothes, but never put them on.
To force them to wear clothes you have to draft them and give them a uniform.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:18:01 pm »

It really doesn't matter unless you're in an extreme cold or you want them to have extra protection. My dwarves are nakie.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:58:10 pm »

Nakie and drunk. And full of mushrooms.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:04:58 am »

It's a bug. They are meant to put on replacement clothes but they never do. Only possible concern is whether dangerous blood gets on their feet or not due to not having footwear to protect them.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Legless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

This bug annoyed me for a long time. But I've found a small profit.
Naked dworf = Less objects = Better FPS!
I hope so, though.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:36:34 am »

It's a bug. They are meant to put on replacement clothes but they never do. Only possible concern is whether dangerous blood gets on their feet or not due to not having footwear to protect them.

That... and accidentally walking into the danger room.  The difference between a dwarf with a cloth cap and a dwarf with a bare head in the danger room is that the latter will force you to build a slab or coffin.

Or animal attacks.  Or possibly even goblin attacks, although clothes don't do much against actual edged weapons.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz