Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: If only Urist didn't...  (Read 2912 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
If only Urist didn't...
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:00 pm »

You know that one dwarf? The one that goes out of its way to help, but just screws it up in the absolute worst way  possible? Yeah...Well my Mason built the walls in the wrong order and ended up flooding the fort with magma... If he only didn't suspend 1 section..
So got any stories to share? Just start with "If only (Dwarf's name) didn't..."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:43:39 am by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If only Urist didn't...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

Heh, I love that guy. In the rare event he survives, I abandon, reclaim, and execute him and all survivors for consorting with Clowns.
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:39:26 am »

Heh, I love that guy. In the rare event he survives, I abandon, reclaim, and execute him and all survivors for consorting with Clowns.
Maybe he realized the TRUTH...That he's a minor pawn controlled by an unforgiving and bored entity in a cruel world...
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

Maybe he realized the TRUTH...That he's a minor pawn controlled by an unforgiving and bored entity in a cruel world...
AKA

Armok.

Eggocchio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:53:59 am »

One of my miners will, without fail, dig a channel in such a way that he/she causes a cave-in where he/she is standing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 10:54:28 am »

Maybe he realized the TRUTH...That he's a minor pawn controlled by an unforgiving and bored entity in a cruel world... beard
More like it. Also, if only Urist McRemoveconstruction didn't remove the floor below Urist McOblivious...
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:08:15 am »

Dig out my workshop halls in a completely random pattern, leaving a checkerboard of stone pillars until right before the end, and making the entire room unusable until he's finished.
[Signature]

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »

If only UristMcDoctor didn’t mend the cuts of my dwarfs with COTTON CANDY!!! and at the exact same time UristMcPossesd needed some CANDY BARS!!!...
WRARRRR!!!...
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »

If only urist McFriendswitheverybody didn't go for that -sock- and cause a tantrum spiral...
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:34 pm »

If only UristMcDoctor didn’t mend the cuts of my dwarfs with COTTON CANDY!!! and at the exact same time UristMcPossesd needed some CANDY BARS!!!...
WRARRRR!!!...
Mmm...Candy bars...

If only Urist McInsane would die faster...or if she would get onto that bridge...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »

That reminds me. If only Urist McFell Mood didn't kill my best armorsmith.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:41:49 pm »

If only Urist McFarmer didn't try to fertilize the farm, THEN try to make potash, THEN make ash.

Also,
One of my miners will, without fail, dig a channel in such a way that he/she causes a cave-in where he/she is standing.
+1

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »

conditions were bad and my mayor was tantruming, so he decides it's a good idea to go kick a dog, right?
well, apparently, he misses and takes a dive off the bridge into the magma moat and causing a massive tantrum spiral
the dog escaped unscathed.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 11:43:49 pm »

Half of my dwarves stood completely still staring down a group of trolls for a few years once. Most of them starved/died of thirst, and the rest went berserk.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 04:55:49 am »

Maybe if Urist Mcdoctor wouldn't have had a fey mood when half of the fort was rotting in the hospital.

And producing a freakin' toy boat.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.
Pages: [1] 2