Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nifty little easter egg  (Read 4813 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Nifty little easter egg
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:02:55 pm »

After getting his foot cut off in a battle against a lion, losing his wife to a lion (connection), and being drafted to (fail to) kill said lion, a potter has gone insane.
He is "Crawling around babbling!"

It's this attention to detail that makes me love DF. Among other things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nifty little easter egg
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:11:35 pm »

You should see a dwarf with his guts leaking out.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »

Rasputin calls bullshit on assured death for spilled dwarves.

He survived it!  :P

And then two years later he got poisoned (enough cyanide for 5 people!), stabbed, shot (in the forehead), drowned in an icy river, and was left under foot+ thick ice.

He died of hypothermia.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:44:16 pm »

Oh, wow, I didn't know insane dwarves followed burrows designations.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:05:09 pm »

Who?

Rasputin obviously only died because there was a burrow set under the river.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:49 pm »

And then two years later he got poisoned (enough cyanide for 5 people!), stabbed, shot (in the forehead), drowned in an icy river, and was left under foot+ thick ice.

He died of hypothermia.
Ah and when he was cremated there were accounts of him sitting upright.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 11:26:02 pm »

I also like how when you spill a human's or an elf's or a dwarf's or an anything's guts, it just says "spilling the guts".
When you do the same to a goblin, "spilling his/her stinking guts".
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 04:03:18 am »

I'm wondering if there's another level after that if, say, the creature can't even crawl, though I'm not sure if even that's possible (no arms, damaged or missing legs?). Saw the stinking guts one for the first time the other day, too.

Another one I kind of like is how you can't just abandon during a siege -- you "succumb to the invasion", and everyone in your fort dies instead of just settles elsewhere. They all starve to death instead of die in some combat-related way, though, but I think I understand why (what if you abandon if there's one or two badly-injured invaders left, and you have 150+ dwarves and countless livestock? A million kills for the surviving invaders, even if one has a shattered spine and the other has no eyes). Maybe in future versions, they'll experience all those pleasant world-gen deaths? I'd like to see that one.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:06:58 am by A-chana »

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:13 am »

He died of hypothermia.
Ah and when he was cremated there were accounts of him sitting upright.

Any corpse will do that if you cremate them or burn them on a pyre without cutting their tendons first. The tendons dry out, shrink, and pull the body upright.
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:47 am »

He died of hypothermia.

It's actually a bit hazy if Rasputin ever took the cynanide at all - if he did, it was not in the cakes or wine, because after aforementioned spilling of his guts, he suffered from hyperacidity and avoided anything with sugar in it, according to his daughter (wine does have sugar in it, that's what makes the fermenting process happen). On the other hand, some people say he may have built up a resistance to the poison in question through Mithridatism.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 05:24:49 am »

He died of hypothermia.

It's actually a bit hazy if Rasputin ever took the cynanide at all - if he did, it was not in the cakes or wine, because after aforementioned spilling of his guts, he suffered from hyperacidity and avoided anything with sugar in it, according to his daughter (wine does have sugar in it, that's what makes the fermenting process happen). On the other hand, some people say he may have built up a resistance to the poison in question through Mithridatism.
That said they should've tried magma in the first place, like we do for all nobles.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:47:23 am »

He died of hypothermia.

cooking a cake with cyanide also removes the cyanide trough some reactions trough this produces a poisonous gas that is a danger to whoever is doing this.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:20:17 am »

He died of hypothermia.

cooking a cake with cyanide also removes the cyanide trough some reactions trough this produces a poisonous gas that is a danger to whoever is doing this.

Evaporation?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:34 am »

Who?

Rasputin obviously only died because there was a burrow set under the river.
No, it was that damned Aquato curse! [/unfunny]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: [1] 2