Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Paddlemet - Succession Fort  (Read 15291 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Fort
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2011, 04:31:12 pm »

1. Mercenare
2. Svarte Troner
3. Toahero92
4. Karakzon
5. Slax
6. House
7. Ganondwarf (omg no wood /wrists)
8. Arimahn (oh look the caravan brought 9001 wood)
9. Edosurist
10. Dragoncurse
11. Melkor
12. Wlerin (I think ?)

Sorry for the double post, just updating the turn list.

Also, why do we need wood in the first place? We have magma and layers and layers of gold...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:34:14 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paddlemet - Succession Fort
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2011, 06:07:03 pm »

OMFG?!?!!!
YOU MEAN ALL I HAD TO DO WAS WAIT FOR THE CARAVANS TO GET MY WOOD??!? :'(
Granted, I didn't really read what happened before me, maybe the request was mentioned. But if I had only known...ARGH!

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2011, 06:32:49 pm »

OMFG?!?!!!
Granted, I didn't really read what happened before me, maybe the request was mentioned. But if I had only known...ARGH!
Yea, I always request a shitone' of wood, nomatter how much I got, in this case, we needed it alot so :D
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

OMFG?!?!!!
Yea, I always request a shitone' of wood, nomatter how much I got, in this case, we needed it alot so :D
I never really had any great need for it actually other than that one guy who had the most pointless mood ever and expanding the dorms. there wasn't much need what did you need it so desperately for Gannon?

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2011, 02:47:31 pm »

I thought I had sizable tree farm in the caverns.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2011, 10:45:34 pm »

GREAT NEWS! my computer should be fixed by monday... but that's my b.day... and i'm busy tuesday... so I WILL BE ABLE TO STRIKE THE EARTH ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 11TH!

Look forward to a new golden age of Paddlemet!
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »

Hows the turn comming?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »

Should we skip tuis turn and let someone else play or wait for a response?

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »

OH! I'm next. I'll start immediately :P more like on Saturday. SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY!

Updated 5/14: DOWNLOADED! I'll begin playing immediately. I've never encountered a RAR file, so I'm converting it to ZIP so I can extract it. Screnshots will be included. Maybe even movies of important events. If I include movies, I'll show the links. Is there a list of names to be dorfed?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:42:34 pm by Edosurist »
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2011, 10:12:16 pm »

Before I start, I just wanna say, I can't find the freaking entrance to this fortress. I spent the first five minutes looking around, and it's pretty difficult!

SPRING
GRANITE
Granite 1
As I wake up in the morning, and I see a message on the non-existant desk in my non-existant room, telling me that the previous leader had abandoned his job, and that I should take the role. "Whateva!" said I. This year, I have a set of goals.
1. Make some Armok friggin bedrooms
2. Improve the supplies of the city
3. Improve the wealth of our great city of Paddlemet.

Granite 10
That was fast. I already finished my first goal. I am now declaring war on the local antmen and zombie naked mole dogs. In the endgame (it was endgame from the time we entered the cavern), we trained up an axe lord.

Granite 11
The war is over, we slaughtered. Though mysteriously, we hear shrieks of what seems to be a martial trance from within the volcano.
"It's the God of Fire!" yelled Choppy, the brewer.

Granite 15
The child Iral Melbiletas has been born, once again proving how good dwarven parents are good at parenting.

IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/16lwi9z.jpg[/IMG]

Granite 18
Now a zombie cave swallow's harassing the woodcutters. Send out the militia!

Slate
Slate 1
A stray horse foal has suffocated for unknown reasons.
Investigation reveals a yak kicked his head.

Slate 10
The original designer of the fortress msut not have taken into consideration the fact that there would be 100+ dorfs in the fort, and left space for the hallways only to have a width of 1.

I just realized why the map is so slow. The whole lower cavern is filled with blood from the duel between the oddly friendly ant woman and the forgotten beast Oreme.

Slate 12
Great. Migrants. Including one with the only skill of adequate swimmer. Seriously?! The mountain homes send us this filth? Foreigners don't belong in our country city (possible foreshadowing)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »

I've never encountered a RAR file, so I'm converting it to ZIP so I can extract it.
http://www.7-zip.org/

Install that now. Never worry about archive formats again. (Well, most of them.)

Also, what is it with Siguns having children? My current fort has a Sigun that consistently pops one out the moment her previous baby becomes a child, for 5 years running.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:57:59 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »

i noticed a problem with the picture in the last thread, so attached here is the picture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, this map is raping my framerate up the butthole, so it's really taking me a long time to get anything done.

SPRING CONTINUED
Slate 13
Doren Desisnish has grown attached to a steel shield. and btw he has a broken right foot and ankle.

Slate 20
PHEW! Thought I heard some of that gossip wrong. I thought I heard He slept with a lover lately. hehe... silly me.

There are currently 51 idlers, with 153 dorfs inside the fortress. EXACTLY 1/3 of them.

Felsite
Felsite 1
The forgotten beast Gilafi has come to put fear in the eyes of Paddlemet! The huge three-eyed, web spitting deer entered the caverns, but I would not be like the last leader, and leave the battle up to the antmen... partially because they're dead, but because I'm not a coward as such. CHARGE!

Felsite 3
Gilafi's rule of Lybia Paddlemet has been conquered, with the only casualties of two hammerdorfs. There was not even another single injury. Avuz Ningoltar and Nomon Monom Gembisherith will both be missed and not forgotten... as was Gilafi. I will build a great tomb for them. I will also honor Logem Kelrit "Metalcut" for the final blow.

Felsite 12
Now Doren has grown attached to his copper helm.

Also, I have reached the magma sea. Adamantine, here we come!... after I finish the tombs.

Felsite 16
A PARTY! I WILL DISBAND IT RIGHT AWAY! GET BACK TO WORK YOU LAZY HUNK OF BEARDS!!!

Felsite 21
Vladimir Harkonen is throwing a tantrum, probably over the recent death of his two friends, and the memorial isn't helping him forget their deaths. It could also be that he is being creamed in a sparring session...

Felsite 22
Hang on a second... Vladimir was sparring WHILE throwing a tantrum... is it me, or does this seem a little suspicious? We gotta keep an eye on that baron. He's trouble. To make it even stranger, those were the two dorfs I had thought were... nevermind.

That ends Spring's report. This is going SO SLOW!!! I filmed the screen while playing, so I should eventually have a movie set up of the highlights of the spring.

Sincerely,
Edosurist, Overseer of Paddlemet
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:54:22 pm by Edosurist »

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

SUMMER
Hematite
Hematite 8
Another animal has suffocated, this time, it was kicked in the stomach by the same yak.

Hematite 11
Skeletal olm found in the cavern... watchout!

Hematite 16
Kel, Armorer cancels sleep, taking by mood!

Also, take a look at these artworks I found in the Memorial

Hematite 22
The olm makes his move, but is quickly defeated by a novice hammerdorf.

Hematite 25
After 9 days of gathering materials, Kel finally begins his project. He took a frick ton of schist... INCLUDING PLATINUM BLOCKS!!! WHO WASTES PLATINUM FOR SUCH A THING AS BLOCKS, ONLY TO BE LATER USED IN SOME STUPID, RESOURCE CONSUMING ARTIFACT!!! Not to mention the leather, which our city deserves!

Hematite 26
Let's make some brass instruments!!!1!  :P
A mysterious second pool of magma has been found. The miners are digging their way right now.

Malachite
Malachite 1
Now Paddlemet is a bustling metropolis.

Malachite 2
Forget what I said about not wanting this artifact! The "Speechless Spine" has left me utterly SPEECHLESS! 112,080 ☼ !!! The best part is that it completed Vladimir's mandate on shields  8)

Malachite 7
Dastot Onuletes has given birth to a girl!

I will continue more on Wednesday. Once again, sorry it's taking a while.
Sincerely,
Edosurist, Overser of the Metropolis of Paddlemet

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2011, 01:02:05 am »

Hematite 25
After 9 days of gathering materials, Kel finally begins his project. He took a frick ton of schist... INCLUDING PLATINUM BLOCKS!!! WHO WASTES PLATINUM FOR SUCH A THING AS BLOCKS, ONLY TO BE LATER USED IN SOME STUPID, RESOURCE CONSUMING ARTIFACT!!! Not to mention the leather, which our city deserves!

More importantly... who mints coins?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12