Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]  (Read 19062 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2011, 05:03:00 pm »

So, who's up? Him or me? Because I got the message (and the turn), but he was supposed to go before me, except he was gone, except now he's back, so...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »

He dead. You're up.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2011, 05:55:33 pm »

Darn. Well, downloading the save and getting some first looks now.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 07:11:06 pm »

OptimumTact, you're the mayor, a legendary (!)...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seeing as he's the only one asking to be dorfed, we're going to have a buttload of unnamed guys around.
---
20th Limestone, 553
So the other overseer? Yeah, apparently, he left his post saying that "bookkeeping was too hard" or something. So I decided to perform a hostile takeover govern for him in his absence. The newly formed Glorious People's Republic of Foundboulder will hopefully prosper under the reign of the Harmonious Master, a.k.a me.
First thing I notice is ALL THE PETS WHOA MAN REALLY
I can't say I approve of all these furballs roaming around the halls tripping everyone. So I'm going to stuff them all into the grazer pastures.
Migrants! We have
We don't have an anvil. None. NO ANVIL. NOT EVEN ONE.

Great. So we have a crazy armorsmith on our hands. Well, he's not actually nuts yet, but without an anvil to smack a bit of metal around on, he's as good as dead.

As you can see, I've ordered a door to be built so we can lock him in. It may not be moral, but it's for the good of the people.
Our mayor, who has started to call himself OptimumTact, is upset that he doesn't have his required rooms. I recognize this as capitalist nonsense against the People's Republic, so I have branded him an Oppressor of the People. Death to the traitor!
24 Limestone, 553
6 new workers arrived today, clearly fleeing from the capitalist scum of the Mountainhomes. They include:
Without an anvil, our Glorious Revolution cannot begin. Loath as I am to "trade" with the capitalists, we will need it to advance our nation's intentions.
We are not just lacking in anvils, we also lack any form of any ore, excluding the metal of the very gods themselves. It is not a possibility to forge an anvil of it, though.
There are worrying plumes of smoke coming from the prisoner area. Closer inspection show that a captured outpost mind is the source.

Very little input is required to keep this country running. All the better for my secret project on the surface. In any case, I think that we should have more statues to commemorate the great happenings of the People's Republic. I am also cancelling the commands for green glass spikes. Don't these people know that glass is a horrible weapon material?
Some fool ordered the stonecrafters to make crafts, rather than the more efficient mugs. When I find out who gave that order, I will have him or her sent to the labor camps immediately. Speaking of labor camps, I have established one outside.

More updates in a bit!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:49:20 pm by SirAaronIII »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:48 pm »

At last! The capitalists have arrived and have brought several bars of weapons-quality metal, not to mention the much needed anvils.

One soldier was so excited, she gave birth. I am torn between being amused and being disgusted.

And then it was winter.
The halls are littered with useless stones. No stone is truly useless, but that's a bit too many, even with the rock grinding. so I decided to have them thrown into the magma.
Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)
The devious mayor OptimumTact is meeting with the capitalist diplomat, no doubt hatching a plan to get rid of me. They fear and envy the success of the People's Republic.

Meanwhile, the dwarf from before went berserk, judging from the primal screams of rage coming from inside the locked room.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have appointed myself as a militia captain. Soon, my squad (recruiting now! be a member of the People's Self-Defense Army!) and I will be a formidable enemy.

I have requested the miners to dig a barracks area for us. While they're up, I have also asked them to expand the forge area.
Spoiler: forge area (click to show/hide)

Suddenly, the worst has happened. A mind flayer ambush has been discovered by our legendary bone carver, Nish Likotardes, who is for some reason a fisherman. Whoever allowed him to do such nonsense will be sent to the labor camp.

The chase is on! One of the vile fiends swings at Nish, but she nimbly avoids it.

Luckily, Nish makes it back to the safety of the weapon traps. A lone mind flayer follows her in, only to get messed up bad.

After the escape of Nish, the mind flayers left. Lazy bums.
For some reason, the magma pipe was walled off. I ordered the wall torn down so that we can expand our metal industry, although it is severely lacking in actual metals.
Spoiler: magma pipe! (click to show/hide)
Perhaps grinding some of our plentiful supply of rocks will net us some useful ore.

Excellent news! A gem setter, Meng Oslanrithol, has gone fey. That he may make a great artifact for the Glorious People's Republic!

I do love his family name. He will be of great importance to the People's Republic.
He begins work in the very workshop that a previous mooded dwarf used, albeit with decidedly less materials.

The excessive smoke from the mind flayer we captured is starting to annoy me. I'm going to order him thrown into magma for his troubles.
Here's the list of what the capitalist mountainhomes want. Although they hold beliefs counter to what I have, we need them to survive.

At last, Meng is done with his creation. It is very, very nice.

Whoops. Turns out outpost minds can fly. This is the first true trial for the Glorious People's Republic.

It was in the magma for quite a while, though, so its body is melting off, piece by piece. This probably won't be much of a fight for our troops.
And in a few seconds, it falls to the ground, dead. Score?  ::)

Oh no. A ghost.

Elsewhere in the Glorious People's Republic, someone gave birth.

The PSDA is now fully armed in adamantine. We are almost ready to fight the threats of the People... all we need is training.  >:(
Blah blah blah, stuff, blah...
And then it was spring.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:21 pm »

Aah, the new year--

Great. The demons have dared to attack the Glorious People's Republic. They will be killed summarily.
While waiting for the crossbowmen to arrive at the newly constructed gatehouse, the demon archers shot up some farmer man.

House arrives on the scene, but is shot in the left lung a couple times before closing with the archer.

Oh no! House has been shot in the head. Luckily, he survived, but is now fleeing.

House has been killed in noble service to the People's Republic. You will be missed.

Daff II and another nameless soldier run out to avenge House, but quickly meet the same fate.

They even killed our guard scorpion!  >:(

Satisfied with our defeat, the demons leave, except for two hapless raiders who fell down the hole. The third one was already there.

To add insult to our injury, a demon thief springs out from hiding and stabs a dwarf!

As revenge for our slain men, I decide to flood the hole to test out the bridge flusher device. The People's Republic is not to be taken lightly.

Somebody gave birth. I didn't care who.

The flusher was a success. It even killed a cat for me!
---
Whew, that was a long update. I guess it was all the violence.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2011, 01:01:05 am »

At last, the PSDA is fully armed AND training.

Some bowyer was possessed. He'll probably make an awesome crossbow of some kind. He promptly runs over to the bowyer shop.

Migrants came. About 20, boosting us to 101. The People's Republic grows stronger.
I built a cavern access tunnel so that the bowyer could get the silk he needed. Unfortunately, the forgotten beast Vaella was waiting outside.

The sound of metal clashing can be heard from the dining room above. The soldiers viciously shred into Vaella with no mercy.

The battle is soon over with a swift bisection from the new militia commander, Bembul Roldethsazir.

The bowyer continues his work, finally getting the vitally needed silk.
Meanwhile,back at the ranch, a giant has come to test the People's Republic.

Someone gave birth again. Outside, the giant is killing people.

After killing 2 people, the PSDA catch up with me at the front. I start to attack the giant...

...and he bleeds to death.
Back at home, the bowyer finally finishes his work, worth 63600 urists.
Spoiler: long description (click to show/hide)
And then some elves come to visit. We must exploit them in the name of the Glorious People's Republic of Foundboulder.

---
I should be going to sleep now. More updates to follow!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2011, 03:45:30 am »

Hey, green glass spikes are nice, why do you think they are bad? :)

And how mugs are better than crafts? They both make 3 out of one stone.

That's a great huge update! I will read it in an hour when I get home :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2011, 05:35:16 am »

hmm you guys don't mind me converting this place into a mountain home after you are done, for future adventurers to look around chat with the locals and or start an army continue the expansion of the fort and raid other folks?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2011, 08:51:09 am »

The green glass spikes were meant to be used to line the bottom of the pit after I discovered the fall wouldn't kill demons (and possibly other nasties).

The point of the crappy weapon traps is just to knock people off the bridge or to have them dodge off the bridge... anyway.

Nice to hear we finally got an anvil and nice to hear the flusher works. I was a bit anxious about it.

Also the wall at the magma pipe... well I can be a bit paranoid, especially without a proper military around. There are flying nasties that spew poison you know.

Now play more so I can have fun reading about it :)
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2011, 09:26:43 am »

hmm you guys don't mind me converting this place into a mountain home after you are done, for future adventurers to look around chat with the locals and or start an army continue the expansion of the fort and raid other folks?
What do you mean by "converting in a mountain home"? Do you mean "borrowing the save"? I am sure nobody objects.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »

What do you mean by "converting in a mountain home"? Do you mean "borrowing the save"? I am sure nobody objects.
well yeah borrowing the save so I could perform Langdon's Retire trick(from the looks of it there more than enough dead creatures to perform it) so that adventurers can rest and or reclaim the site.
though this is just another way to end the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2011, 06:02:34 pm »

Oh. Weeeeeell, that was kind of a stupid move on my part. When I was talking about the glass being suckish, I meant for actual killing. I don't think we need the spikes at the bottom, though, as we can just flush them. Unless they don't drown, in which case... yeah, spikes. I was aware that making crafts only gave 1 item, with chances of giving additional items depending on skill. Meanwhile, mugs always give 3. Since I don't want to leave anything to chance, I prefer mugs. Also, what's a shard thorn? We have like 200 of them and I don't know what they do.
---
STATUS OF THE FORT
I have built a cage recycling system that doubles as an arena for our marksmen to practice at. This will allow us to dispose of the enemies of the People's Republic. Just don't try to throw thieves down there as they'll likely escape.
With House's death, the People's Republic lacks a suitably skilled doctor.
In response to people expressing concern about flying creatures entering our forge area, I assure them that our military will be able to handle it.
Ghosts have been troubling the People's Republic. In order to put them to rest, I am ordering the production of memorials for them.

I have also trained the new guard giant leopard in the art of war. Hopefully this will make him more competent at holding off our foes.

We bought drinks, logs, and spellwood off of the sylvans.
And then it was summer.
Birth was given.
I noticed several withered crops in our fields. No doubt it was because only farmers were allowed to harvest. Should I allow the masses to harvest or only allow the farmers?
A grave mistake has been made in the handling of mind flayer prisoners. Due to incompetence at building vertical bars, one mind flayer managed to escape, and the rest were able to leave the arena area, but could not get outside due to swift thinking on the part of an unnamed citizen, who locked the door.

Fortunately, the escapee was recaptured. However, it will require some effort to empty the arena area.
Suffice it to say that we won. The mind flayers were crushed.
The symbol of the Glorious People's Republic of Foundboulder is rather impressive.
Spoiler: big image! (click to show/hide)
For some reason, the sylvan elves have decided to leave, abandoning their goods in the depot. The People's Republic claims no responsibility for the departure of the elves.
More expansion of the magma area happened.
Migrants arrived, boosting us to 107. Shortly after, a cave crocodile appeared and killed someone, lowering it to 101.
---
Nothing much happened after that. Keep watching!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:20:53 pm by SirAaronIII »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »

Gah, DF crashed. Gotta reload from the start of summer.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »

Migrants came. The Glorious People's Republic of Foundbolder is now 108 strong.
The shooting gallery is open!

A glassmaker was possessed.

Ezrakim elves arrived. The People's Republic seeks a further relation with them as their government model is very similar to that of the People's Republic.

Shortly after that, a mind flayer siege arrived. The PSDA is outside within minutes.
Shortly after THAT, a centaur siege arrived. The PSDA is not amused.

Some fisher was shot dead by the centaurs while he fled from illithids.

The sieging forces come together. Will they begin to fight each other? Or will they band together to see the end of the People's Republic?

Actually, the centaurs set up camp, while the mind flayers began to make their way toward the gate. Our best sniper, Tobul Gasolas, fired on the grigori leader, but as any citizen of the People's Republic knows, illithids are overpowered. The grigori deflects all shots fired towards it.
The PSDA gathers in the courtyard, preparing for the worst...

Suddenly, the illithid force begins to retreat towards the north!

As our troops cheer over the rout of the illithids, the centaurs suddenly strike! One marksman suddenly finds himself facing a storm of arrows and a very angry spearman.

---
What's going to happen to the Glorious People's Republic of Foundboulders next? Stay tuned, folks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:04:14 pm by SirAaronIII »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14